Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

294 Posts

July 31st, 2018 06:00

In-Use Space Alert

Hi,

I started receiving in-use space alerts on a couple of volumes that were thin provisioned because it was greater than 85%.  I've read that if I made the volume non-thin provisioned ("thick"), then the alerts would stop (I would need to monitor the volume space via Computer Management).  Since I have made the volumes "thick", I am still receiving the in-use space alerts.  Should I ignore them?  

Thank you.

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

July 31st, 2018 10:00

Hello,

I would double check they are thick provisioned, but you can also set the in-use warning to 100%  that will also silence it. 

GrpName>vol sel VOLUMENAME thin-growth-warn 100%

You can also do it in the GUI under volume properties.  There are sliders you can move to set the various thresholds

Also depending on the filesystem and if not replicated you can recover unused space with UNMAP feature.  It's dependent on the OS and filesystem not EQL.

Regards,

Don

294 Posts

July 31st, 2018 11:00

Hi Don,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

To verify, my volume does not have any Unreserved portion and the checkbox for Thin Provisioning is unchecked.  The volume has the following info:

Thin provisioning: Disabled
Volume reserve: 15 TB (100%)

Oh, I forgot to mention that the alert emails are coming from SANHQ.  Are those thresholds different?

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

August 1st, 2018 04:00

Hello,

Yes, those alerts are different from the array.  If you go to the array under events there likely will be no alerts there.

So in SANHQ you can adjust or disable those alerts.

Regards,

Don

No Events found!