Re: Initializing. This may take several minutes to complete................... [NEVER ENDS]

Jump to solution

How many disks do you have installed?   The smallest configuration possible is half populated. So seven drives on a PSx00 series array.

Are these Dell/EQL drives or just some off the shelf disks?

There's no point running diag on an unconfigured array.  Many of the commands it runs will never work.  

Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell
Get Support on Twitter - @dellcarespro

0 Kudos
rpmarriott
1 Nickel

Re: Initializing. This may take several minutes to complete................... [NEVER ENDS]

Jump to solution

Ahhh I see, right I was using 2 disks to try and create a small test array, I'll drop 7 in, they are off the shelf, I may buy Dell after testing it, do that all have to be the same size/make/model?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Since you're using off shelf drives, they should be same FW, size, etc... You'll be in uncharted waters since they're not certified drives.   The array will set the RAIDset to the lowest common denominator size of the disks.   You won't be able to buy drives for this legacy array.   It was EOS years ago, and will be EOL this coming April

#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
rpmarriott
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Yes you were correct, more disks and it all works fine, a good system, the only issue I have is the java app keeps going blank, is this something anyone has seen before? I can hit enter on the ip address in the address bar again and it works again for a bit then does the same thing.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

What version of EQL FW, java version and what browser?

#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
rpmarriott
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

FM Version: V4.3.7 (R131440)

Java: Version 7 Update 11

IE 8 on windows and Firefox on Centos

Can I get a FW update without a support contract as it's not possible to get on for the PS100 any more?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Down rev to Java 6 that will likely work better.  

No w/o a valid contract or warranty you don't have the license to download the new firmware.  With non Dell drives even if you had a contract it would be voided.

#IWork4Dell

Highlighted
rpmarriott
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Yep that did it, Java Version 6.X works perfectly.

Thanks again for all the help, much appreciated.

0 Kudos