Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 12th, 2017 08:00

MEM 1.5 Issue Updating using VUM

Has anyone run into an issue installing MEM 1.5 on ESXi 6 using VUM? It seems the ESXi host will no longer boot with a generic "OS not bootable message". It is running on a Dell PER630.

Anyone seen this or have a suggestion to get the host to boot before I make the drive to this remote site to investigate?

Thanks.

4 Posts

September 14th, 2017 12:00

So after a rebuild and creating a baseline for Host Extension, all is working.

4 Posts

Don,

Thanks for the reply. I would not have thought so either.

I rebooted the host and once it came back up, I imported the MEM 1.5 update and applied using VUM. Once the host rebooted a second time, it failed to boot into esx. It doesn't even attempt to load (never gets out of the BIOS) so I am not sure what happened.

Thanks again.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Hello, 

I would say that the two are unrelated.  MEM does not load until very late in the boot process as it only affects iSCSI connected EQL devices.  It does not do anything to modify the boot device. 

Regards, 

Don 

4 Posts

September 12th, 2017 09:00

I just figured out the issue. When the patch baseline was created (sometime ago) it was created as a host PATCH and not EXTENSION. I had not used that baseline before.

So its off to rebuild this host...

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 12th, 2017 12:00

Interesting.  I've done that in the lab and not had a problem, MEM just didn't work. 

Please keep us updated 

Good luck! 

Don 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 14th, 2017 12:00

Thanks!   That is great news.  I appreciate you letting us know. 

Regards,

Don 

No Events found!