Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 25th, 2020 09:00

Max number of GUI sessions on PS6XXX

When attempting to admin the SAN via group manager I get the error "Max number of GUI session is limited to 7", so I am unable to login. 

I access the CLI and run the command "show usersessions" sure enough I see 7 connections, interteresting part is they are all from me, while working in the SAN I was timed out a few times, well 7 times to be exact. 

My question is this: Is there a way to kill these stale user sessions via CLI?

Do these eventually time out and clear themselves? I see one session that is 15 days old.

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

June 25th, 2020 10:00

Hello, 

Sounds like those other sessions are still live.   There is a timeout for CLI sessions but not 100% sure on GUI if there is enough activity to keep them gong. 

What version of EQL firmware?    Single member group or multiple members? 

I would first try to track down the other sessions and reboot that host?  If you can't kill the java sessions on the server. 

There is a brute force method but see if you can clear from host first. 

Regards,

Don 

3 Posts

June 25th, 2020 10:00

EQL FW is currently 9.0.9, I am actually in the process of upgrading. It is a multi member group, the sessions are from my PC, I don't see any active connections or java processes from my machine, but ill reboot and see. 

3 Posts

June 25th, 2020 11:00

Hey what do ya know, I rebooted and it killed all those stale connections. I would have hoped the EQL would have killed those connections once it times out the user, but this is good to know. Thank You!

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

June 25th, 2020 12:00

Hello, 

That's great!   

Re: GUI  Problem is java can be 'chatty'.   So if there's traffic it will remain active. Also the GUI itself get's updated too.  So if you are monitoring it you get up to date info. 

The CLI session timeout is easier. If you aren't typing and timeout is set it will work as expected. 

First, make sure session timeout is enabled.

GrpName>grpparams session-idle-timeout enable

Then for the CLI sessions: 

GrpName> cli-settings idlelogout on 

I suspect the session timeout was on.  But I have seen stale Java sessions hold open the socket. 

Regards,

Don

No Events found!