EqualLogic

2 Bronze

Need help with Dell Storage Manager not being able to connect to EQL PS Group

I recently upgraded our Data Collector and Enterprise Manager Client to Dell Storage Manager 2016 R2 [Build: 16.2.1.228]. With this new version, Dell added the ability to connect to Equallogic PS series arrays, so long as they are on the right firmware. 

I have two PS arrays that I want to add to Storage Manager. The first one is a PS4110 array in our M1000E chassis. I was able to add that PS group to Storage Manager. But when I try to add the PS6210X, I get an error that says "unable to add PS Group". No other information is provided. Both arrays are on the same firmware version 7.17. I can ping the problem array from the server that runs the data collector. If Java was installed, I could even access the web gui of that array using IE. Both of those arrays management IP's are on the same subnet. 

What am I missing?

I posted this on the Compellent forum and didn't get any replies so I'm posting it here as well. 

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

When you say you "disabled" it, what exactly did you do?    I would suggest clearing out the banner. 

I'm checking to see if there are any other suggestions to resolve this. 

Regards, 

Don 

View solution in original post

Community Accepted Solution
Replies (7)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

On the 6210, was the banner modified at all?   It's in the Group settings.  

Have you opened a support case for this?   

Regards, 

Don 

2 Bronze

Yes, the banner was modified and turned on. I have turned it off. I still wasn't able to connect to the PS group in DSM. I have rebooted the server running Data Collector to see if that will resolve the issue.

I have not yet opened a case with support on this yet. If I am still unable to after trying any suggestions here, I will open a case. 

Thanks,

Derek

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

When you say you "disabled" it, what exactly did you do?    I would suggest clearing out the banner. 

I'm checking to see if there are any other suggestions to resolve this. 

Regards, 

Don 

View solution in original post

Community Accepted Solution
2 Bronze

I unchecked the "show banner before login" option. I will clear out the banner as well. 

2 Bronze

Looks like clearing the banner fixed the issue. Need to test one more thing related to Kaspersky Security Center. But I'm connected now. Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

You are very welcome.  

Yeah, if the banner text is very long it causes issues with DSM.   That should be fixed in a future release. 

Don 

Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI:  The banner would have to be less than 256 characters.  As you found out, turning it off isn't enough.  The banner data is still in the internal database. 

Don 

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions