Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 16th, 2019 19:00

PS6000 Encrypted Connection Could Not Be Established

My company and I recently (2 days ago) setup two PS6000's. Through the Group Manager java applet, I altered the administration settings to only allow secure connections to be established, and this was going fine for about a day or so.

As of today however, I'm unable to establish an encrypted connection to either of the PS6000's and I'm unsure as to why. The only error display is "Connection to the server could not be established".

One of the PS6000's I haven't configured to only allow secure connections, and can still access it just fine. However the second PS6000 for which I did mark secure connections only I'm unable to connect to.

I can however connect to the iSCSI volume hosted on the problem PS6000 from my ubuntu server, and write to the volume just fine. The only issue is that I can't establish a secure connection.

We have a Cisco 2960s 24port switch to which our PS6000s are connected to, and I'm wondering if that could somehow be causing part of the problem.

edit 1: I consoled into the PS6000, and enabled insecure web access, and I can access the group manager console. While looking through the logs I couldn't find anything indicating a secure connection failure. Very strange.....

edit 2: Not sure what help this will be for diagnosing the issue, but ssh access works so I would assume that means cryptographic based operations are functional.

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

January 28th, 2019 12:00

Hello, 

You are very welcome. Glad I could assist.  The issue is very new, there is an KB article on this as well. 

Not all techs worldwide might be aware of this issue. 

Regards, 

Don 

2 Posts

January 31st, 2019 14:00

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

February 1st, 2019 04:00

Hello, 

This workaround will also fix the issue you are having with Dell Storage Update Manager.

Regards,

Don

1 Message

March 6th, 2019 06:00

Thank you for this solution, Don. I am running Java 8 build 201. As a side note, I could not get it to launch as an application in Firefox 65.0.1, but could with Microsoft Edge 44.17763.1.0.

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

March 6th, 2019 07:00

Hello, 

Glad that it worked for you! 

Re: Firefox.  Interesting. They must have changed how they handle Java applets?   In FF 64.x I have no issues at all. 

Regards, 

Don 

5 Posts

March 16th, 2019 04:00

Saved my life with this - thank you!!

Pete

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

March 16th, 2019 06:00

Hi Pete, 

I am so glad that this helped you! 

Regards, 

Don

4 Posts

October 8th, 2019 18:00

Hi sir,

clipboard_image_0.png

Hi sir,

I did edit the setting in java.security but it doesnt work. Do you know how to untick "encrypt communication".? Other Manager I success login without checked it. But this one manager cannot be untick.

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

October 8th, 2019 19:00

Hello, 

I can't see the screenshot but I am pretty sure you are referring to the Dell Storage Update Manager applet (DSUM)    There is a new version on the EQL support site.  It has the same version number but a newer internal build number.  That has the option for unsecured communication.  Once you are at EQL firmware 10.0.3 all the Java security issues should be resolved going forward. 

Regards,

Don 

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

August 16th, 2023 13:22

Hi, thanks for your post, got the same issue. Wich command did you use to enable "insecure web access" ?

thanks again

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

August 16th, 2023 14:54

@badtoro​ 

Hello 

In your case this probably will not help.  You're firmware is very old and recent JAVA runtimes don't allow for anon certificates among other changes.  I saw your other post, and you aren't getting far enough to start the JAVA applet and get the login screen, then enter username / password.  The issue here was caused by a small change in the JAVA runtime years ago.  Since you could also uncheck the "Secure Comm" checkbox on the login prompt. 

Regards, 

Don 

#iworkfordell

No Events found!