Re: PS6000 eth0 will only connect at 10 or 100 Mb/s

Hello,

Some customers upgrading to 5.1.2 have reported this issue.  Usually, it happens if a port is up but not cabled or enabled on the switch.  

5.2.0 does not have a fix for this issue.  There are some other very important fixes in 5.2.0 so if you can upgrade to that, then do so.

There are some ways to try to work around this issue if you hit this.  You'll need to work with support in order to do so.

Regards,

Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell
Get Support on Twitter - @dellcarespro

francoisw
1 Nickel

The problem is that this happened while the EQL was connected to the switch. The ports were all up and functioning.

0 Kudos

In some cases, it was because the passive CM wasn't connected, or working.  The restart for the FW upgrade occurs and fails over to the other CM and the issue occurs.  Only looking at the logs and switches can provide any real clues.  Without that I can only relate what I've seen in other cases.

Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell
Get Support on Twitter - @dellcarespro

0 Kudos
googol13
1 Copper

I am also having this issue too with the port showing up as 100 MB.  I will try the shutdown when I have a chance tomorrow.  If not, I will contact Dell Support.

I noticed this on our other SAN as well, but that went away, presumably when I restarted it.

0 Kudos