Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 31st, 2016 05:00

Replication Error

Hi,

I have been happily replicating volumes from one PS4100 to our DR PS4100 in another building for the last few years.

Recently i was asked to create a few more volumes and asked to replicate these also.

When i try to create the replication for these volumes I get the error message "Maximum number of replicating volumes was reached"".

I cannot find anything written about this error message anywhere and I had no idea we had limits for this.

Currently i am replicating 28 volumes at various time intervals daily, weekly or monthly.

Can anyone help me please?

thanks

Jhae.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 31st, 2016 09:00

Hello Jhae, 

The PS4xxx series being a lower cost configuration, has lower system maximums than all other Dell PS Series arrays. 

If you refer to the firmware release notes for your firmware version, there is a Table called "Configuration Maximums"  That lists these limits. 

Only adding in a PS6xxx series array into each group will expand these limits. 

Regards, 

Don 

September 1st, 2016 07:00

If your groups are comprised entirely of PS4xxx, then up to 32 volumes can have replication enabled.  With a PS6xxx, that maximum increases to 256.

Aside from that, PS4xxx groups can maintain 128 replicas per volume.  PS6xcxx groups can maintain 512 replicas per volume.

Good luck.

No Events found!