Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

2 Posts

November 21st, 2018 14:00

SAN HQ EXE error

Hi

I downloaded SANHQ3.4 from dell website and trying to install on Win2012 R2 server and the moment I do a run as admin and kick the install it errors out saying," The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please the application log .............."

I did look at the application logs and also ran sxstrace.exe but it generated a garbage txt file of like 192KB's.

Rest all exe's are able to run just fine.

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

November 21st, 2018 14:00

Hello, 

I've not seen that error before with SANHQ.   I did find this article from MS about that error.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-error-the-application-has-failed-to/5c6a015e-4162-491d-b7d9-f3b13612e304?auth=1

From the article:

This error may happen due to system file corruption or Visual C++ redistributable package corruption. I suggest you to follow the below given methods:

Method 1:

Kindly download and install Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package  from below given link and check if it helps:

Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Method 2:

I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
  • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
  • Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps: 

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
  • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

You might also try it on a different server. 

Regards,

Don 

No Events found!