Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 4th, 2013 23:00

SAN HQ enquiry

I just setup SAN HQ and need some clarification:

1. Does SAN HQ need access to my iSCSI network to work? When I use my management IP, it prompted me for Group IP which is my iSCSI network. In this case, should I route my iSCSI network into my management/server network just for SAN HQ? Or should I reconfigure my SAN HQ into my iSCSI network instead so that I can continue to keep my iSCSI network isolated from my management and server networks?

Also, shouldn't my Group IP be within my iSCSI network subnet or should it be within my management/server network so that SAN HQ can access it?

2. Is the Group SNMP community name the same as the Equal Logic group name or Member name or any name I just add into the the SNMP Access entry?

3. Should the SNMP trap destinations the IP address of the SAN HQ server?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 6th, 2014 08:00

I believe you have to set the other SANHQ server as default, then remove the old entry and add in the new one.  

58 Posts

June 6th, 2014 13:00

While were on the discussion of SANHQ, riddle me this Bat Man... Our HQ SAN, PS6500, with 21.12TB of member space and 7.0.4 firmware, now shows expired under Group Configuration / General tab / SAN Headquaters, bottom of screen, for SAN HQ registration, WT?, date last monitored 5/23/2014 at 5:12pm Although, within SAN HQ 3.0, it still shows stats for today, yesterday, etc....Green status. What is dealio Coolio? SAN HQ 3.0 and 7.0.4 have some buggies?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 6th, 2014 17:00

Hello Vmbru,

It's not polite forum ettiquite to hijack a thread with a new issue.   Makes it much harder to follow the conversation.

It's always best to start a new topic with each new issue or question.  

There are no known issues that I am aware of that covers this behaviour.  I would suggest opening a support case so they can look at the logs.

Regards,

19 Posts

June 29th, 2015 06:00

1) I have set email notification. But i can see notification is not regular when i closed SAN HQ. Will the service be running even after i close SAN HQ? if so why am i not getting regular notification.

2) If i want to notified snmp traps too. what is the SNMP notification destination address i should give?

4 Operator

• 

1.7K Posts

June 29th, 2015 06:00

1. The SANHQ runs as a service within the background. As longs as the Windows OS and the SANHQ Service is up and running it will work. I havent played with the last SANHQ EPA version but in all previous releases you have the choice to use the Mail konfiguration you specified on the EQL Group it self or configure a new one. This is a setting per Group within SANHQ.

Only if you would take a look to the nice colored graphs you start the SANHQ Client. The Client is installed by default together with the SANHQ service and if you like you can it ALSO on others PCs if you have a need for or when multible persons are involved.

2. Not 100% sure but SANHQ cant send SNMP traps but the EQL Groupmanager can. Its located under Group->Group Configuration->SNMP.

Regards,

Joerg

39 Posts

June 29th, 2015 19:00

I realize that the email alert for storage reaching it's full capacity is only available when you create thin provisioning volumes in EQL. I have a think provisioning EQL volume that got full because of VM snapshots and I never receive any email alert from both EQl and SanHQ.

4 Operator

• 

1.7K Posts

June 29th, 2015 22:00

For a normal EQL LUN which ends in a VMFS Datastore it makes no different if you store data as a VM or Snapshot. For takeing care of vSphere Snaps you have to implement a snapcheck/report in your vSphere environment. The array cant see difference.

The game may changed with vVOLs where vSphere Snaps are handled in a different way.

Regards,

Joerg

4 Operator

• 

1.7K Posts

July 6th, 2015 06:00

The SANHQ 3.5.0 EPA  now can send SNMP Traps as well. So if you have a monitoring solution around which can handle Traps you can use it.

Regards,
Joerg

1 Message

July 30th, 2015 06:00

Hi

I'm sure everything in this post is very valid but I recently had to configure Support Assist and got the Unknown Credentials Failure status as above. Turned out that SSH had been disabled on one of the groups.

Simply enabling it got the wizard to complete.

Hope that helps someone.

No Events found!