Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

172 Posts

November 12th, 2020 05:00

SAN HQ error after firmware upgrade

I just updated our 3 PS6210 devices from 9.1.9 to 10.0.3. One of those is a hybrid 6210xs. Since the upgrade, no errors in Group Manager, but I see this message in SAN HQ 4.1:

"Warning 3.12 11/12/2020 00:06 8 hr 0 m. Active Member EQ-6210 has solid state drives with mismatched RPM which may degrade performance. Mismatched drives should be replaced with matching RPM specifications."

Here is what shows up in the disk summary:

"EQ-6210 Pool-PS6210 6 Unknown (Unrecognized Disk Information) 75.61 3.45 MB/sec 357.95 KB/sec online 2.80 HUSMM3280ASS200 Q172 (serialnumber) 512 Bytes SSD 100.0%"

I haven't had to replace any solid state drives for at least a year, so they had all been operating with no errors on the 9.1.9 firmware. However, this is one of two replaced ss drives, and the other has a slightly different model number (HUSMM1680ASS200). That one is not showing an error.

Neither HUSMM drive is listed in the latest drive firmware update document (v13). DSUM says all disk firmware is up to date, but maybe it isn't checking the drive since it isn't in the list. Q172 is the current fw version on the problem disk.

Any thoughts? This unit is covered by a 3rd party vendor, but I'm trying to get all the info I can before submitting a ticket.

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

November 12th, 2020 05:00

Hello, 

SANHQ has a database of all known, supported drives.  It appears that it's not getting expected information from that one, is my guess.  I would see if the support vendor will replace it with a different model. 

I am curious, where did you get the firmware? 

Regards, 

Don 

172 Posts

November 12th, 2020 06:00

Thanks, Don. The array firmware came from the Dell EQ site. We still have a fair amount of equipment under Dell warranty. I'm going to call the current warranty vendor for this unit.

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

November 12th, 2020 07:00

Hello,

Thanks.  FYI:  When you download the firmware and acknowledged the EULA, the last bullet states firmware is only for arrays under Dell warranty or a Dell Support contract. 

By clicking on Accept you indicate your understanding and acceptance of these terms.  See Dell End User License Agreement for further details on your legal and regulatory compliance responsibilities.

• I am not a citizen, national or resident of, and am not under the control of, the government of: Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Libya, North Korea, Syria, nor any other country to which the United States has prohibited export.
  • I will not download or otherwise export or re-export the Programs, directly or indirectly, to the above mentioned countries nor to citizens, nationals or residents of those countries. 
  • I am not listed on the United States Department of Treasury lists of Specially Designated Nationals, Specially Designated Terrorists, and Specially Designated Narcotics Traffickers, nor am I listed on the United States Department of Commerce Table of Denial Orders.
  • I will not download or otherwise export or re-export the Programs, directly or indirectly, to persons on the above mentioned lists.
  • I will not use the Programs for, and will not allow the Programs to be used for, any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, for the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons of mass destruction.
  • I am downloading firmware for a system that is entitled under warranty or a service contract.

It is a Dell service contract, not a 3rd party contract,  which maintains your license to use and upgrade the firmware. 

Regards, 

Don 

172 Posts

November 13th, 2020 11:00

OK, thanks for pointing that out.

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

November 13th, 2020 12:00

Hello, 

You are very welcome.   

Have a great weekend!