Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 11th, 2017 01:00

Setting up Port Binding Equalogic & Group IP

Hiya,

I am setting up Port Binding on an ESXI host and have 2 VMkernels connected to 2 NICs, which is the correct way, But when specifying the IP address for the initiator do I specify the same Group IP address for each VMkernel

cheers Mike

4 Operator

• 

1.7K Posts

February 11th, 2017 01:00

You have to bind the 2 VMK Ports to the one and only swISCSI adapther of your ESXi. This adapter have only one "Dynamic Discovery" target option where you have to enter EQL WKN (iSCSI Group IP).

If you dont want to use the setup.pl script from dell and want to do it manually i suggest to take a look into the manual first because you should configure swISCSI adapter or the target with some adv. options like Noop, LoginTimeout and Delayed ack. If you change these later this havent any effect if the volume is already mounted. So do it right from  beginning and befor pressing the "Rescan" button.

Regards
Joerg

February 11th, 2017 02:00

Hiya

How do I use the setup.pl script and how do I get hold of it, are you able to provide me with a link, or point me in the right direction?

Is the script supported on "vsphere essentials plus" ?

ps do you know if "round robin" is supported on essentials plus?

cheers Mike

4 Operator

• 

1.7K Posts

February 11th, 2017 03:00

The setup.pl comes as part of the EQL MeM download. You will find under  https://eqlsupport.dell.com/support/download.aspx?id=1484 and the old manual is the TR1074 (iam sure there is a newer version out there).

Yes the script works together with every vSphere ESXi edition.

Yes, round robin is supportet in every vSphere ESXi edition and also on the ESXi Hypervisor (free version)

More important is that using MeM is supportet also in lower editions now with vSphere 6. It works "silently" in older version when 3.Party Multipathing was an option in Enterprise Plus only.

If you only have one single EQL member than running MeM doesnt bring huge benefit but it doesnt hurt... so we install i always in all the years also on smaller installations and Essentials Plus customers. It adds "EQL Routed" as an additional path option.

Regards
Joerg

PS: I'll see if there is a EQL/vSphere best practice around

4 Operator

• 

1.7K Posts

February 11th, 2017 03:00

No Events found!