Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 17th, 2015 02:00

The VSM Server has greater than the allowed amount of disk space used.

Hello.

I have Dell VSM 4.0.2.1 installed on an vCenter / ESXi 5.5. It use a dedicated volume on Equallogic SAN (composed of PS4000 and PS4100). Since yesterday, I have the following alarm :

"The VSM Server has greater than the allowed amount of disk space used." 

I don't understand how is it possible, what could be the consequences and what to do to fix this.

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate !

Regards.

Jonathan

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 17th, 2015 11:00

Hello Jonathon,

Where are you seeing that message?   Sounds like a VMware message, and perhaps a space threshold setting in VMware has been exceeded.

Regards,

Don

10 Posts

June 18th, 2015 00:00

Hi Donald. Yes you're right, it's in vCenter GUI. But I thought it was a specific VSM alarm,, that's why I asked for help on Dell forum rather than on VMWare one.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 18th, 2015 10:00

Hi Jonathon,

No problem, it just sounded like the VMware Datastore space threshold alarm.  There's no alarm like that inside of VSM v4.0 that I'm aware of.  

You might want to look here and see if this will alleviate the alarm.

pubs.vmware.com/.../index.jsp

Regards,

don

2 Posts

August 11th, 2015 08:00

Donald, i don't agree with you, this is a dell vsm alarm. it is creating them once installed and it is for disk usage inside the VM. unfortunatley this is appliance and you can't check this inside the VM, but it is related to this.

go on the VSM VM, defined alarms and you will see it is on that VM only and on no one other...

as usual nowhere documented....

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 11th, 2015 11:00

Hello Popov777,

I believe you are correct.  I wasn't sure from the description.   If he opens a case they can resolve the lspace issue at the CLI, or install VSM v4.5.1 which will prevent it from happening again.

Don

No Events found!