Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 26th, 2014 01:00

Trying to replicate volumes

Hello.
When I try to replicate volumes, it works fine, except for one volume. When I click it and "Create replica",

I get the following error: "Operation failed -- some members may be unreachable".

Any ideas what could be causing this? Any tip would be greatly appreciated.

4 Operator

• 

1.7K Posts

March 26th, 2014 04:00

No. Both types have its own default Gateways.

Maybe for history reasons you only see the ISCSI Gateway in the middle when you click Member->Network. But when you selecting the interfaces you can see that for management a different one is specified. Management should be configurated unter Group Configuration -> Adv.->Configure Management

Regards,

Joerg

March 26th, 2014 04:00

I also have a somewhat unrelated question. There is a point to separating iSCSI traffic and management traffic. However, the default gateway for each member should be the gateway in the iSCSI network... So, if you want to monitor a member from a management network (e.g. using SNMP), you have to communicate with it through the iSCSI gateway?

March 26th, 2014 05:00

Ah, you are right about that. Thanks.

I am still unable to replicate this one volume though. I can tell that this particular volume is slightly larger than the others being replicated, because this disk had to be replaced a while back.

November 27th, 2015 11:00

Hi, i got the same error "Operation failed -- some members may be unreachable" but the different is it happened when i do expand the volume (1 pool with 2 members, got enough storage to expand), no snapshot has been taken. The disks all look fine. Can pls advise coz am midst of migration...Thanks!

No Events found!