Start a Conversation

Unsolved

SS

79 Posts

March 23rd, 2019 04:00

Two equallogic union

Hello,

I have two separate equallogic ones in production.

Would it be possible for me to interconnect them to make the union of the disks?

If it is not possible, is there any option that I can join the disks of both storages?

One storage has 10K disks and the other 15K disks.

Thank you.

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

March 23rd, 2019 05:00

Hello, 

Are both arrays in the same group but different pools or they two unique groups?  

If they are unique groups, each having its own Discovery Address then no, you cannot join them together. 

If they are in the same group, you can merge one array into the pool of the other. Then they will work together.

¿Están las máquinas en el mismo grupo o hay dos grupos?   Si hay dos grupos, entonces no puedes fusionarlos

Los dos están en el mismo grupo que puede combinar uno en el otro.  Usando la función de fusión.  Entonces trabajarán juntos. 

Regards, 

Don 

March 23rd, 2019 17:00

Hello,

I do not understand your question to answer.

The two EQL we have, I access with different VIPs, that is, are independent storages.

I make independent access.

Thank you.

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

March 23rd, 2019 18:00

Hola Sandro, 

Than you.  You did answer the question.  The answer is No. 

Since there are two "Groups" each having a unique name and IP address, with one array in each "Group" you cannot merge them.  You can back up the data of one of them.  Reset it and add it back into the remaining "Group" as a new array.  Then create the RAID on that new member and they will work together.  Then you can restore your data back. 

Usted respondió la pregunta. Lo siento, mi español no es muy bueno. Aprendí hace muchos años y me falta práctica.

Regards,

Don

No Events found!