Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 9th, 2015 16:00

VSM 4.0.2.1 not pulling information from groups

Hello

I deployed dell virtual storage manager 2 days ago and I added to PS groups to it

until now it is not pulling information's about the PS groups

both groups say connected capacity 0MB utilization 0%

both vcenter server and vsm appliance and PS management ports are on the same subnet they all talk to each other just fine , I have not added/configured ISCSI network on the appliance

any clues?

also trying to get to the diagnoses logs that are saved in the \\applianceipaddress\etc... it asks for username and password and I tried the defaults and it would never let me in

thank

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 10th, 2015 12:00

Hmmm.... I can only suggest that you open a support case so they can work it directly.

Don

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 9th, 2015 19:00

Hello,

I would remove that appliance, download the VSM v4.5 instead.   Are you using Dedicated Management ports on the array?   If so, that's what you need to connect to, in order to retrieve data.

If it still doesn't work, I would suggest opening a support case so they can actually see what's going on.

Issues like these are usually configuration based.

Regards,

Don

4 Operator

• 

1.7K Posts

July 10th, 2015 11:00

Please double check that you use the MGMT Group IP and not the IP of the MGMT Interface.

Regards,

Joerg

29 Posts

hello joerge

im using the group ip not the member mgmt. ip , it wont add ps group using member mgmt interface ip addresses anyways.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

I would NOT reboot the arrays.  That is almost never needed.  If you can access the GUI and CLI of the members then nothing will be resolved with a reboot.

In vCenter there is a Management IP address that has to be set.  The VSM admin guide has some info about that.  

Re: Dedicated Mgmt.  You went through  the entire process of configuring dedicated mgmt. or just put NIC on the LAN subnet?  

Also the PS group names should be case sensitive I believe.

Regards,

Don

29 Posts

Hello Don

yes both PS arrays have dedicated managements ports " group management port" and these are the ports I am using to add them to the virtual appliance

I did what you suggested , I removed the appliance and made sure the plugins are completely removed from vcenter and rebooted it ,  and downloaded the latest VSM 4.5 and deployed it  , no luck same issue

im currently reading the logs trying to get to the bottom of it but all what I see is this

2015-07-10 08:57:25,659 ERROR [com.equallogic.hitve.server.rmi.SmartReplicaHandler] (SmartReplicaHandler init:) No local peer found or local peer hostname is null?

2015-07-10 08:58:09,328 WARN  [com.equallogic.hitve.server.rmi.VolumeHandler] (VCenter Observer:) No volume for datastore naa: naa.64ed2a85e79f0b2da54555c1820aa738

2015-07-10 08:58:09,346 ERROR [com.equallogic.hitve.server.rmi.VmVVolMappingHandler] (Thread-3 (HornetQ-client-global-threads-154857595):) Update binding cannot locate session, returning

--

so I guess its an issue with vcenter server , or both PS arrays with their members needs to be rebooted.

thanks for the help

29 Posts

ok I wont reboot the arrays and yes I can get to both groups using gui and sanhq and cli with no issues.

the management ip address is set

and dedicated mgmt was configured by dell techs and yes it is setup correctly

I am not using ps group names , I am using group ip address to add them

thanks

No Events found!