Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

April 17th, 2018 23:00

VSM support for vSphere 6.7?

Hi, is there any release date for VSM with support for vSphere 6.7? 

117 Posts

October 24th, 2018 20:00

The EQL/PS platform is indeed going away.  At some point this year (2018) they are supposed to stop selling them; although last I checked you could still purchase them.  This should have been communicated to you via your rep. 

However, I do think DELL needs to realize that there are somewhere around ~80,000 customers having around ~120,000 PS arrays deployed in North America alone.  I think their commitment to the platform during the next ~5 years (for valid support contracts) needs to be restated, and development efforts should continue by making improvements and enhancing capabilities in the firmware as much as possible during that time frame.

Regarding vSphere 6.7, I will say that even Compellent/SC doesn't have integrations supporting 6.7 yet, but it would be nice to have soon.  I suspect that since it will likely need to be HTML5 based, it is quite a re-write from the older version, which is taking a while.

Also on an unrelated note, it was quite dis-satisfying to learn of the fate of FluidFS, and it was very shady the way that went down all of a sudden.  We were quite invested w/ both FS8600 and FS7610, and to learn that one day, without any advance notice, the product is just.. gone.  Poof!  We can't even buy one to add on to a new SC we were looking to purchase.

The Dell Storage portfolio became redundant and complicated by the EMC merger with too many products competing within the same range, and it still seems they are trying to figure out what products will survive.

January 4th, 2019 10:00

Any updates on VSM support for Vsphere 6.7 U1?  

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

January 4th, 2019 11:00

Hello, 

No announced release date as of yet.  it's still in development. 

Regards, 

Don 

1 Message

February 15th, 2019 03:00

This is so frustrating, any news?

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

February 15th, 2019 09:00

Hello, 

I can totally appreciate your frustration. 

Are you planning on using VVOLs?   As that is the only major feature not available for v6.7 with EQL storage. 

Snapshots and replication can be scheduled via the Group Manager.  

Regards,

Don 

1 Message

March 11th, 2019 11:00

Creeping up on a year since this thread was started... Is there any timeline for VSM 5.0? It sure would be nice to have and use. 

March 13th, 2019 08:00

Hi Don,

Yes, VVOLs are precisely what we're after. Plus all the other integration features that VSM provides (and while we're on the topic, MEM for host multi-pathing would be great too).

Without these integration features we might as well have saved ourselves a load of cash and purchased Synology or similar.

Regards,

Greg

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

April 2nd, 2019 12:00

Hello, 

No release date has been announced yet.  

Sorry. 

Regards,

Don

5 Posts

April 2nd, 2019 12:00

Any update on availability...We been waiting for this to perform our upgrade to 6.7 U1

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

April 10th, 2019 12:00

Hello all, 

VSM v5.0 is now available on the Equallogic support site. 

Required PS Series firmware: 9.1 and higher

Required VMware Version
  • VMware® vCenter Server™6.0, 6.5U2, 6.7
  • VMware® ESX™ Server 6.0, 6.5U2, 6.7
VMware vSphere Storage APIs for Storage Awareness (VASA)
  • Provider name: Dell EqualLogic VASA Provider
  • Provider version:
    • VASA 1.0: 1.5.5
    • VASA 2.0: 2.5.5

5 Posts

April 10th, 2019 13:00

I just installed on my 6.5 Build 12863991, I dont see it on the Web Client...Anything Special I need to do....Do it support 6.7 U1?

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

April 10th, 2019 14:00

Hello, 

Yes that's supported.  Try logging out and back in again.  That's a common issue when you first install it. 

Regards,

Don

5 Posts

April 10th, 2019 14:00

I already try to log off, log back in, un-register the VSM and let it register again... No luck!

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

April 10th, 2019 15:00

Hello, 

Make sure the Management IP address is set in VCS. It's in the server settings.   If you are using DNS names for VCS and VSM make sure everything resolves by and and reverse IP. 

Once that's all confirmed I would suggest restarting VCS and VSM. 

If that still doesn't work I would suggest you open a support case with Dell. 

Regards, 

Don 

5 Posts

April 11th, 2019 07:00

I will open a ticket... Already did everything that you suggested....disappointment!

No Events found!