Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 17th, 2014 02:00

Virtual Storage Manager - Cannot change snapshot schedule time interval using vSphere Web Client

Hi,

I'm trying activate Business Hours -template from Virtual Storage Manager for one Datastore using vSphere Web Client. Everything else works fine, but I cannot change the time interval from Snapshot Schedule. It stays in 12:00 midnight to 12:00 midnight. I can't change it manually or dragging the bar. 

I've tried with IE9, IE11, newest Chrome browsers. And with Flash 15 and 13 -versions. Same error. 

I've added the URL in Trusted Sites with lower security settings - no help.

Is there a bug or something else I can try?

13 Posts

November 5th, 2014 04:00

I just spoke to Dell support about my issue and it is apparently a known issue with Europe\UK locales.  The similarity between our issues could be relevant - the workaround for me was to set the Locale\Regional setting of my PC from which I am trying to do this to US.  Not the timezone or any other settings, just in Control Panel, then "Region and Language" and then on the first tab, the 'Format' box needed to be set to "English (United States)".  Close browsers, start again and it worked for me.

Could be worth a try if you're not already in US format. (mine was in UK).

October 22nd, 2014 06:00

Sorry this is not a direct answer - but you may find this EqualLogic Video Masterclass helpful - you can register here -  datastorageasean.com/.../dell-asean-equallogic-video-master-class

13 Posts

November 4th, 2014 08:00

I too am having a similar issue, but mine is that I cannot create a new schedule with any settings at all other than the default - I cannot set my own time, I get an error message saying 'startTime does not meet the minimum value of 0'.

I've just posted a question about it myself.

Maybe unrelated.

Did you upgrade yours from 3.x?  Mine was upgraded and I'm expecting the 'answer' to be redeploy it clean and recreate all schedules clean from scratch.  Joy!

November 4th, 2014 22:00

Actually I have a fresh install of vCenter and all the components. Just added the Virtual Storage Manager to vSphere Web Client. I also tried to create a new schedule but it is having the same problem.

November 5th, 2014 22:00

Omg! That works! At least with IE.

Thanks a lot.

No Events found!