Highlighted
copenhaus
1 Nickel

firmware upgrade to PS6500

Jump to solution

Hi.

I am trying to upgrade my second (of three) PS6500, but I am encountering errors.

- when I tried to upload "kit_V9.1.8-R466123_363585727.tgz" through GUI, I got:  deleteUpdateKit request timed out

- when I tried FTP, I got:  425 Can't build data connection: Operation timed out.

- when I tried winscp, I got "Host is not communicating for more than 15 seconds" and suggest that I turn off "Optimize connection buffer size", which doesn't help.

I've turned off the whole SAN and powered it back on, this didn't help either.

Any thoughts/suggestions are greatly appreciated...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dwilliam62
3 Zinc

Re: firmware upgrade to PS6500

Jump to solution

Hello, 

It sounds like there maybe a update file already there. 

re: FTP.  Are you on the same subnet as the array?   That connection error typically is caused by a firewall.  Either on the network or the PC you are running it from. 

When you login with FTP, the data connection is done at a higher port number.  That's what is being blocked. 

re: WinSCP has issues with EQL logins since it does not support S-FTP and the SCP shell call is not what WinSCP expects. 

Try  PSCP from Putty.   

You can also try the Dell Storage Update Manager.  (DSUM)    That is a Java applet that will help you update array firmware.  But I would first see if you can FTP to it and check for an existing upgrade kit file. 

Regards, 

Don 

0 Kudos
copenhaus
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

oh man, pscp worked!!!  I don't believe it!  Thanks for the suggestion!

0 Kudos
dwilliam62
3 Zinc

Jump to solution

Hello, 

You are very welcome!  I am so glad it worked for you. 

Regards, 

Don 

0 Kudos