Highlighted
ngemc
Bronze

vRealize Operations Manager (vROps) login for SANHQ

Jump to solution

I've downloaded and installed the vRealize Operations Management Pack for Dell EqualLogic but I don't understand what username and password are used when configuring the vROps Adapter.  I've gone through the instructions (Dell Storage PS Series vRealize Operations Management Pack - Administrator Pack) multiple times with no success.  (Reference page 13) By using the ConfigureRestService.exe get and netstat -a commands I have verified port 1443 is available and listening.  When configuring the vROps Adapter to connect to SANHQ it's asking for the Username and Password for the SANHQ Rest API.  I've tried multiple Domain and Local accounts with no success and users cannot be defined in SANHQ.  I don't understand what account it's asking for.  Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
15 Replies

Re: vRealize Operations Manager (vROps) login for SANHQ

Jump to solution

Hello,

Try using the account that the SANHQ service is using.   Under Services, look for EQLperfx.

There are two accounts that are needed for vRops.  One for SANHQ one for the Virtual Center server.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Don

Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell
Get Support on Twitter - @dellcarespro

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello,

Try using the account that the SANHQ service is using.   Under Services, look for EQLperfx.

There are two accounts that are needed for vRops.  One for SANHQ one for the Virtual Center server.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Don

#IWork4Dell

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ngemc
Bronze

Jump to solution

I tried that again.  The SANHQ service uses the "Local System Account" by default so I changed it to a known domain account.  Performing a Test Connection from vROps still fails with error "Unable to establish a valid connection to the target system.  Enter correct SAN Headquarters credentials to fetch Array objects."

Capture.PNG 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello,

Try the local Administrator account.  I've seen problems using an AD domain account with local services.

Don

#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
ngemc
Bronze

Jump to solution

I've set the EQLXPerf windows service to run as the local administrator account and tried to connect from vROps and still no success.  Same Error.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello,

Best suggestion I have now is open a support case so they can take a closer look.

You are running SANHQ v3.3+ correct? 

Regards,

Don

#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
ngemc
Bronze

Jump to solution

Thank you.  I am running SANHQ 3.3.  I was hoping someone in the community had seen this work successfully and could offer any advice before I went the route of a support case.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello,

Yeah sorry couldn't be more help.  The screenshot came from a lab system so I know it works. Smiley Happy

You are running vRops v1.3 correct?   v1.2 looked for 443, which would require SANHQ v3.2. 

VMware changed it to 1443 in VRops v1.3 so that requires SANHQ v3.3

Regards,

Don

#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
ngemc
Bronze

Jump to solution

I'm running SANHQ 3.3.1 & vROps 6.6 with Dell Storage PS Series Adapter 01.03.007.  Can you post the screenshot again?  I don't see one from you earlier.

0 Kudos