Fenglin1
4 Beryllium

Re: Ask the Expert: All about what's new with VMAX in Q2 2013.

Hi Matt,

May I ask if the CRU script support the Muti-Language? thanks

0 Kudos
Matty1918
1 Copper

Hi Fenglin-

The CRU script is English only as of right now.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Matty1918
1 Copper

Hi John-

Performance Viewer is distributed as a vApp and is designed to be run from a PC. To populate the PV’s database, you import a special backup of the customer’s Performance Analyzer database and local symapi_db.bin file. The backup will contain all of the historical data, any Real time traces and custom dashboards as well as the last 24hours of Diagnostic data. Once imported, you chart the available metrics the same way you would in Performance Analyzer.

From a screenshot perspective it looks just like Performance Analyzer in Unisphere. I don’t have any screenshots that I can provide at the moment.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Gallium

So customer needs to run ECC server and then you import btp files inside of this appliance? Is this appliance free and available to all customers?

Thank you

0 Kudos
John_F_Kim
1 Nickel

So does FAST VP now work across all SRDF 3-site and 4-site configurations?

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Gallium

Matt,

i got to see Performance Viewer at EMC World (VMAX booth), it's really slick and i think it will allow me to finally decommission EMC ControlCenter that we use for WLA archives. I tried to search for PV on support.emc.com and could not find it, does it also require Unisphere for VMAX 1.6 ? ( that i don't see on under downloads either).

Thanks

0 Kudos
vTrooper
1 Copper

Here you go Dynamox:

May 13, 2013 - DL46965 -
Unisphere for VMAX Performance Viewer

https://download.emc.com/downloads/DL46965_Unisphere_for_VMAX_Performance_Viewer.ova

EMC Unisphere for VMAX
Performance Viewer is an offline tool which can be run on a VMPlayer to
analyze/troubleshoot diagnostic data off site, use historical data for
long-range capacity planning, or produce reports offsite.

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Gallium

thank you vTrooper, do i need to use Unisphere for VMAX 1.6 to generate upv files for PV ?

0 Kudos
vTrooper
1 Copper

Not neccessarily.  There is a process to extract perfomance database from 1.5.1 to 1.6 and import into the viewer.  I'm still learning all the caveats; but the import process is CLI based and explained in the Installation Guide PDF:https://support.emc.com/docu47001_Unisphere-for-VMAX-V1.6-Installation-Guide.pdf?language=en_US

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Gallium

i am currently running SPA 2.2.2 so looking at this as an opportunity to upgrade to Uni for VMAX 1.6 (will need to go through database conversion).  Do you by any chance know the path to download Unisphere for VMAX installer. Searching on support.emc.com did not generate any results (searched for UNIVMAX_V1.6.0.x_WINDOWS_X86_64.exe)

Thank you

0 Kudos