BGard1
2 Bronze

Re: Ask the Expert: Best Practices – 7.x Installation and Upgrade

Did you know...

RESTful services are now included for free with 7.1 & 7.5 Enterprise Servers. This feature represents the latest option for creating batches on the server.  It is the preferred method for creating batches where images are coming into the system from mobile devices, the Captiva Web Capture (CWC) or other applications that support/communicate via REST.  It is part of the Standard Import Module setup.

If you have existing 7.1 Enterprise Servers and wish to add REST to your license, please contact your account manager who can process a No Charge Upgrade order using this SKU:

456-110-150     Captiva License Refresh

All that is needed is the list of 7.1 Enterprise server IDs you wish to upgrade.  Once the order is processed and an updated LIC is issued, you will notice the 'W" feature code added to the Server line on the license which turns on REST. This also applies to enterprise Test/Dev/DRS systems you may have in your environment as well.

While the RESTful services are now included, please bear in mind that licensing for CWC and the Captiva Mobile SDK are separate.

0 Kudos
SSV1
2 Iron

Hello All,

We have reached our last day of “Ask The Expert” event. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to us for any follow up on the event.

If you have any questions or would like to learn more about DSE Services, please let us know and we can provide more information on it.

Thank you again for your participation!

Shaishiv Varshney

0 Kudos
RobertoAraujo1
3 Cadmium

This Ask the Expert event has officially ended, but don't let that retract you from asking more questions. At this point our SME are still welcomed to answer and continue the discussion though not required. Here is where we ask our community members to chime in and assist other users if they're able to provide information.

Many thanks to our SMEs who selflessly made themselves available to answer questions. We also appreciate our users for taking part of the discussion and ask so many interesting questions.

ATE events are made for your benefit as members of ECN. If you’re interested in pitching a topic or Subject Matter Experts we would be interested in hearing it. To learn more on what it takes to start an event please visit our Ask the Expert Program Space on ECN.

0 Kudos
dnvhariprasad
4 Germanium

Thank you for the response David.

In that case, any extensions of CWC possible?

Can we customize the layout and UI (other than styles)?

0 Kudos
BGard1
2 Bronze

This is currently not possible in this release.

0 Kudos
RobertoAraujo1
3 Cadmium

Back on Aug. 24 Pradeepputtur posted this question in this event's RSVP page and I'm not sure he was able to include it on this thread. Could anyone please provide some direction to his question? Here's what he wrote:

How do we Index Operator report for EIndex?. At this point of time even after enabling the existing log rules I can generate Index Plus Operator Summary report but not the EIndex modules report.. How can I do that?.

Thanks

Pradeep N

Thanks,

Roberto

0 Kudos
BGard1
2 Bronze

Hello Pradneep - You cannot generate operator reports for eIndex out of the box.  eInput does not have any audit logging that is tied back to the main Captiva SQL DBS.  You would need to build something custom to trap the eIndex operator's behaviors.  With eInput end of life, I am not sure that investment would be something I would pursue. 

0 Kudos
BGard1
2 Bronze

Hari - Can you please send me your direct contact information to bryan.gard@emc.com.  There is no way I have found to contact you directly through the community forum.

0 Kudos
BGard1
2 Bronze

Hari - Please see this link for scan integration option with xCP: http://www.imageaccesscorp.com/ITDemos/xCP/

0 Kudos