Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 14th, 2014 12:00

Ask the Expert: Creating the 3rd Platform Customer Experience with EMC TCE

YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED ON THESE ATE EVENTS...

Ask the Expert: Mind the Gap - A Technical Discussion on the Journey to the Third Platform

Ask the Expert: AMA - Ask Our ATE Program Manager Anything

https://community.emc.com/message/936192#936192

Welcome to this EMC Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. This Ask the Expert session would like to hear your questions about the TCE program and also take notice how you might like to engage with TCE in the future.

At EMC, Total Customer Experience (TCE) is more than just a phrase. It is a way of thinking and it is also an entire department dedicated to collecting and acting on your feedback. It is that feedback that allows us to engage with you seamlessly in the 3rd platform.

• We use big data to predict when you will need more storage and determine your satisfaction with an engagement without asking for a survey
  • We are leveraging your social media voice to understand your thoughts on our current products and to build our next generation.
  • We are also building a Cloud like experience by consolidating all of your feedback.  Whether you engaged via social, mobile, survey, or direct with a representative, your voice will reach the right person.
  • Our social and survey platforms are Mobile ready and we offer a support mobile app so you engage whenever and wherever you need to

Your Hosts:

profile-image-display.jspa?imageID=5623&size=350

Twitter: @petahhunt     

Peter Hunt is currently a Director in the CS Innovation group within EMC's Global Services organization. A professional with over 30 years' experience in Technical Support and consulting, Peter has been with EMC for 8 years. During 2010-2011 Peter managed the Live Chat program globally for EMC's Customer Support Services organization, and in 2011-2013 Peter led the development of the EMC Support mobile app for iPhone and Android platforms.

profile-image-display.jspa?imageID=10236&size=350

Twitter: @bradb555

Brad Barker is a Business Operations Consultant with EMC’s Total Customer Experience organization. He is responsible for EMC Customer Experience (CX) programs which won the 2013 TSIA Award for Innovation in CX and have been recognized by winning the prestigious Tempkin Customer Experience Excellence and Omega NorthFace awards for demonstrated distinction in customer listening and loyalty programs.

profile-image-display.jspa?imageID=10361&size=350

Twitter: @murphease

Shawn Murphy is a the Director of Global Quality. He has been engaged in a wide range of high tech roles for nearly 20 years. Today, using his strategic planning, execution and people skills he is committed to the Total Customer Experience (TCE) through product quality, measurement and program excellence. As a Quality Lead for EMC’s TCE team he drives direction of quality, customer experience, and efficiencies through business strategy and requirements. Shawn has created a model which defines and deploys Corporate Quality value and innovation – based on best practices and internal and external voice of customer, field and partner.

This discussion begins on April 21 and concludes on May 16. Get ready by following this page to receive updates in your activity stream or through email.

Explorer Reward Strip_Enabled.png Recognition Bonus: Get an exclusive badge! Engagement in this Ask the Expert session automatically earns you a badge for the current TCE Mission [https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-34682]. Comments and questions earn you one badge, and video posts earn you both the TCE Mission badge and an additional badge as part of the Video Mission.

Share this event on Twitter:

>> Join the next Ask the Expert: Creating the 3rd Platform Customer Experience with EMC TCE http://bit.ly/1eGfGNZ 4/21 - 5/16 #EMCATE <<

2K Posts

April 29th, 2014 11:00

not when i work with VNX, Isilon, Centera

Huh... I always thought the signature block was standardized across the entire support organization. Anyway, if you're providing feedback I'm sure they'd be happy to provide their manager's contact information.

13 Posts

April 29th, 2014 17:00

Hi,

I believe this exchange correctly demonstrates that the availability to email a support group’s manager is not a standard EMC practice and should not be viewed as the correct way to communicate to EMC about an SR. If an email is sent to a group manager, EMC has no process to assure that the feedback is acted upon in a manner consistent with our operating practices. All responses to surveys are managed under tight controls to assure that negative feedback is acted upon. In fact, every EMC Manager is measured and goaled to assure a timely response (foll0w-up) to the customer to assure that open issues are satisfactorily handled.

If the feedback is provided in an uncontrolled manner such as an email, EMC loses the ability to manage the process.

Finally, all survey feedback is entered into our CSAT database and analyzed for trends and chronic issues. Again, email feedback is outside of this process.

The best solution is for EMC to develop an “on-demand” survey program. I’ll see if we can accelerate this feature.

Take care,

Brad

2.1K Posts

April 30th, 2014 07:00

Thanks for that Brad. Interestingly enough I do look for follow up survey requests when I've had especially good (or bad) support experiences. Sometimes I get the request and sometimes I don't. If I do I absolutely fill out that one. And I'll admit that I'm always impressed with the personal call backs I get from the managers when I provide constructive criticism on something that didn't go well. They are always eager to understand what went wrong and how I thought it should have gone. This definitely makes me feel more valued as a customer.

The ability to do one of these surveys "on demand" immediately following a really good or bad experience would be even more valuable. I think you are on the right track!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 1st, 2014 11:00

An "on-demand" survey program is a terrific idea Brad. I think the 21% could be greatly impacted if surveys adopted a format like this.

Allen, your take on the response you get to constructive criticism is really what TCE is all about. The feedback provided by customers and users really is appreciated, and I am glad to hear that it is a two way street.

May 5th, 2014 01:00

How are we leveraging big data analytics in TCE? I read In Focus blogs but nothing seems to provide the technical work behind TCE success. It would be nice to know that.

13 Posts

May 5th, 2014 09:00

Hi Mercy,

The EMC TCE group is in continued deployment of a Greenplum instance that will merge CRM, survey, and other customer touch point data to enable EMC to better understand and serve our customers. Today, we use a more limited version of big data analytics to evaluate certain touch points during a customer’s journey through EMC. This includes natural language text analytics to mine information from surveys and web sources.

I would say that EMC is on its own journey in leveraging big data and we’re excited where the journey will bring us.

Take care,

Brad

159 Posts

May 6th, 2014 01:00

We will do so !

13 Posts

May 6th, 2014 06:00

Last week I attended the B2B Customer Experience Summit hosted by Walker Information. Walker is EMC partner in managing our Voice of the Customer Program. Walker hosted a keynote speech by Shankar Vedamtam, an NPR journalist and author of the book "The Hidden Brain". Shankar's speech talked about how the physiology of our brains control our perceptions, and as a result, our perceived experiences. He provided insight into why we are physiologically satisfied or dissatisfied in our experiences. It was a great lesson for those of us who work in EMC's TCE organization and are responsible for addressing our customer's experiences. Some take-aways that left an impression on me (remember that these are physiological traits of our brain):

1) Our brain is wired to shape our current experiences based upon our past experiences. Hence the saying, "you don't have a second chance to change a first impression".

2) Our brain perceives satisfaction based upon the expectations that are set. Shankar demonstrated that a person will enjoy a $95 of wine more than a $10 bottle of wine even if the contents of the two bottles are exactly the same.

3) Our brain is not motivated by incentives. However, it becomes less satisfied when the incentive is taken away. As a result, incentives have a net negative result in satisfaction.

4) Our brain is comfortable and likes to stick with what it knows. It is more willing to change when its beliefs are challenged, such as times of crisis (poor financial times for businesses).

5) We all must fight our brain's tendency of "psychological entrapment", or it's tendency towards poor judgment when we are emotionally attached to something. This is demonstrated by our willingness to continuing buying a stock even as it plummets in value.

There were many more lessons that he shared. To me, it helped understand how EMC can offer a better experience to our customers....or at least the perception of a better experience as interpreted by our "hidden" brain.

Enjoy the day!

Brad

May 7th, 2014 10:00

Thank you, Brad... very interesting

17 Posts

May 12th, 2014 08:00

Thank you for the very interesting discussion. I learned a lot today.

13 Posts

May 15th, 2014 11:00

As this session of “Ask the Expert” comes to an end, I wish to thank those who have participated. I hope you found the session as rewarding as I did.

EMC’s TCE organization is committed to serve as an advocate of our customers. We use the feedback received through surveys, social media, web content, etc. to measure the pulse, and to promote the voice, of customers throughout the company. Organizations throughout EMC are presented with the analysis and engaged for improvement action plans.

EMC’s formal TCE organization is nearly 60 people, but there are thousands of people throughout the company who are directly responsible for improving our customer’s experience. Each EMC business unit and functional organization has designated leaders who are responsible for TCE. As a result, there have been significant improvements made throughout EMC based upon the voice of our customers.

It all starts with our customers. The more feedback we receive, the more power to the customer voice. We encourage everyone to share your views whether positive or negative. Each voice counts in making EMC a better partner to you. Spread the word: EMC listens!

May 16th, 2014 14:00

This Ask the Expert event has ended. Thanks to our experts and those who participated in the discussion!

Just so you know, here are a few ATE events going on now and next week. Join us or share them on Twitter:

Ask the Expert: Advanced Snapshots on VNX (Live now)

Ask the Expert: Redefining Entry Level Storage (Live now)

Ask the Expert: Entry Level Data Protection Storage Redefined (Live now)

Ask the Expert - Heartbleed: What It Is & How to detect it using RSA Security Analytics (Next week)

Cheers!

April 24th, 2015 09:00

Thank you for this session !

100 Posts

April 24th, 2015 11:00

Thank you!

100 Posts

September 30th, 2016 09:00

Hmmm..someone's on a mission

No Events found!