vgrguricin
3 Silver

Re: Ask the Expert: Creating the 3rd Platform Customer Experience with EMC TCE

I am surprised that the number is 21% as well. Maybe the old ones have high percent but I don't think that the new ones are that popular, but maybe this is only my opinion, I might be wrong

0 Kudos
RRR
6 Indium

I'm just speaking of myself: I take almost all surveys, so if all people would do that, the number would be 50-80% or something. Now only 1 in 5 people actually finishes the surveys. Can you somehow see how many people start a survey and how many actually end it?

0 Kudos
Allen Ward
5 Tungsten

I agree that the low numbers are not surprising. It used to be that I would get a survey request every once in a while for some significant service activity and I would usually respond to them. For the past year (or maybe a bit more) I get one almost every time a drive is replaced in our environment (many times a month because we have many thousands of drives deployed). I don't have time to spend on rating the tech service for every drive replacement... especially considering I usually have very little interaction with the tech beyond setting up secure site access. They come in and do their thing and leave.

Because I get so many of these, the ones that might have been valuable often get lost in the shuffle.

0 Kudos
RRR
6 Indium

I feel for you, bro.

But I must say I don't get that many surveys anymore. Every once in a while I see one popping up and I fill it out (or does my spam filter block them? I'm not sure here )

0 Kudos
youngp2
3 Argentum

Thanks for the great conversations around surveys.

According to industry survey vendors 21% is actually a good response compared to the norm.  However this rate is for our support survey.  We also have others like the Product Use survey that are below 15%.  We would love to boost that number.  As RRR mentioned more responses can only help.

We don't want to overwhelm you though.  We have "anti-fatigue" rules in place so that you shouldn't be getting one for every SR unless you only open one a month.

We do track our take time and our survey drop points on partially completed surveys.  We try and make adjustments to 1) Make the survey a palatable length and 2)put the questions you want to answer up front.

Since this appears to be a popular topic would you like us to create a persistent discussion on Your Support Experience where you could suggest improvements?

dynamox
7 Thorium

i would like to "initiate" a request for a survey. Sometimes i get excellent service either from the field guys or from a ticket owner and i would like provide positive feedback.

ionthegeek
4 Ruthenium

No need to wait for a survey, at least for remote support. You can always send feedback to their manager directly. The standard support signature block includes the name and e-mail address of their direct manager.

RRR
6 Indium

ANd so I did on several occasions!

dynamox
7 Thorium

Ian Anderson wrote:

No need to wait for a survey, at least for remote support. You can always send feedback to their manager directly. The standard support signature block includes the name and e-mail address of their direct manager.

maybe in your organization, not when i work with VNX, Isilon, Centera.

0 Kudos
ionthegeek
4 Ruthenium

not when i work with VNX, Isilon, Centera

Huh... I always thought the signature block was standardized across the entire support organization. Anyway, if you're providing feedback I'm sure they'd be happy to provide their manager's contact information.

0 Kudos