vgrguricin
2 Iron

Re: Ask the Expert: Creating the 3rd Platform Customer Experience with EMC TCE

I am surprised that the number is 21% as well. Maybe the old ones have high percent but I don't think that the new ones are that popular, but maybe this is only my opinion, I might be wrong

0 Kudos
RRR
5 Osmium

I'm just speaking of myself: I take almost all surveys, so if all people would do that, the number would be 50-80% or something. Now only 1 in 5 people actually finishes the surveys. Can you somehow see how many people start a survey and how many actually end it?

0 Kudos
Allen Ward
4 Germanium

I agree that the low numbers are not surprising. It used to be that I would get a survey request every once in a while for some significant service activity and I would usually respond to them. For the past year (or maybe a bit more) I get one almost every time a drive is replaced in our environment (many times a month because we have many thousands of drives deployed). I don't have time to spend on rating the tech service for every drive replacement... especially considering I usually have very little interaction with the tech beyond setting up secure site access. They come in and do their thing and leave.

Because I get so many of these, the ones that might have been valuable often get lost in the shuffle.

0 Kudos
RRR
5 Osmium

I feel for you, bro.

But I must say I don't get that many surveys anymore. Every once in a while I see one popping up and I fill it out (or does my spam filter block them? I'm not sure here )

0 Kudos
youngp2
2 Iron

Thanks for the great conversations around surveys.

According to industry survey vendors 21% is actually a good response compared to the norm.  However this rate is for our support survey.  We also have others like the Product Use survey that are below 15%.  We would love to boost that number.  As RRR mentioned more responses can only help.

We don't want to overwhelm you though.  We have "anti-fatigue" rules in place so that you shouldn't be getting one for every SR unless you only open one a month.

We do track our take time and our survey drop points on partially completed surveys.  We try and make adjustments to 1) Make the survey a palatable length and 2)put the questions you want to answer up front.

Since this appears to be a popular topic would you like us to create a persistent discussion on Your Support Experience where you could suggest improvements?

dynamox
6 Thallium

i would like to "initiate" a request for a survey. Sometimes i get excellent service either from the field guys or from a ticket owner and i would like provide positive feedback.

ionthegeek
4 Beryllium

No need to wait for a survey, at least for remote support. You can always send feedback to their manager directly. The standard support signature block includes the name and e-mail address of their direct manager.

RRR
5 Osmium

ANd so I did on several occasions!

ble1
6 Indium

Paul Young wrote:

We have "anti-fatigue" rules in place so that you shouldn't be getting one for every SR unless you only open one a month.

How do you track end-customer feelings when support goes over partner?  Is that possible at all?  I know that sometimes single SR by EMC partner is opened for several customers and their "experience" might not be the same (and let's be honest, most of the time these partners are system integrators who tend to do copy&paste of what EMC told them and in many cases they do not hide that).  While I understand that survey can be done for the one you support (partner in this specific case), I wonder if you plan to have something where you can evaluate how this looks from end-customer perspective when dealing with partner as stepping stone in support process - is there such survey planned?

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Thallium

Ian Anderson wrote:

No need to wait for a survey, at least for remote support. You can always send feedback to their manager directly. The standard support signature block includes the name and e-mail address of their direct manager.

maybe in your organization, not when i work with VNX, Isilon, Centera.

0 Kudos