Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 5th, 2014 15:00

Ask the Expert: D2 Configuration options, Matrix selection & Plugin Development

YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED ON THESE ATE EVENTS...

Ask the Expert: Features + Benefits of EMC Documentum D7

Ask the Expert – All About the EMC Documentum Information Rights Management (IRM) 5.1 Release

https://community.emc.com/thread/168932?tstart=0

This Ask the Expert session will be covering EMC Documentum D2-Client and D2-Config Configuration Options And Customization. Among the many areas will be discussing, our experts will answer your questions in regards to best practices, supported configurations and issues with Documentum D2.

Our expert is standing by to cover all this and much more during the 3 weeks of the event.  Join the conversation!

Your Host:

profile-image-display.jspa?imageID=10322&size=350

Pinal Shah have been working with EMC Documentum Support for the last 9 years. He is a SME for D2, XCP, WEB products suites. In the past few years Pinal have been focusing on the D2 and xCP 2.0 and 1.6 product set. With D2 and XCP 2.0 he has been supporting customers on configuration, customization and performance issues as well as providing configuration options to achieve their requirements.

This discussion: takes place May 19 - June 9. Get ready by following this page to receive updates in your activity stream or through email.

Share this event on Twitter:

>> Join the next Ask the Expert: D2 Configuration options, Matrix selection & Plugin Development http://bit.ly/1njJkyr 5/19 - 6/9 #EMCATE <<

May 19th, 2014 07:00

This discussion is now open for questions. We look forward to a lively and informative event.

Best regards,

Roberto

32 Posts

May 21st, 2014 00:00

Hi,

Thanks for this expert discussion platform.

I would typically want to know the best practices for deployment strategies for D2-Config from a souce repository to the target.

After an initial rollout with full import with config reset, future changes shouldn't delete all live configurations

But for subsequent releases following are challenges

1) Dictionaries and taxonomy cannot be sent again as the widget is exposed to certain users and doesn't need to be overriden from source values

2) If option full config without actual config reset is used, it does not manage all the checkboxes in the matrix

a) Its not clear either will it switch all checkboxes, or just add new config check boxes Or do nothing

b) For configuration / contexts that are deleted, howw those will be handled

c) Will override option, both override the configuration and its associated check boxes in the matrix?

d) In which deployment option do we need to take care of Public Searches in the target environment?

3) Also if a context is added and then deleted in D2-Config, the numbers of the each context in the internal xml is changed and hence reported in D2 Specification comparisons which is not entirely correct as nothing has changed

Regards,

Anurag

69 Posts

May 21st, 2014 01:00

Hello experts,

What is the best way for creating a docbase session in a D2 external widget  for the current connected D2 user ?

Is it possible to re-used the current D2 session and not create a new one (using a dm ticket we can pass through the D2 hub) ? Do we have to create our own session manager on external widget side ?

21 Posts

May 21st, 2014 11:00

Hi Anurag

I will get back to you soon. Most of the features are not available with current D2 version but I will get back to you with detail answer.

Thank you

Pinal Shah

21 Posts

May 21st, 2014 11:00

Hi Jeremy,

D2 4.0 included the ability to configure external widget URLs with $LOGIN and $TICKET to enable the widget to log in. However resulting ticket will expire in 5 Min.

With D2 4.2 P02

For widgets using hub events we have added

D2_ACTION_DM_TICKET_GENERATE and

D2_EVENT_DM_TICKET_GENERATED

to allow widgets to create fresh tickets

Hope this answer your question and let me know if you need any additional information.

Thank you

Pinal Shah

1 Message

May 21st, 2014 12:00

May 26th, 2014 02:00

Ok Pinal, Let me know when you have additional news on my previous post on deployment.

I also wanted to know, Can all auditable events be configured for emails from Tools -> Emails? I don't think so its working for me on events like d2_refused_task etc which are just audited and do not generate a queue item.

Is there a list for events which only can be used for email notification?

How to configure emails for normal auditable events

Thanks in advance.

21 Posts

May 26th, 2014 06:00

!

1) Actually, the best practice IS to do a full reset.  That is why you have a test/dev environment and production.  Changes that are needed are made in test/dev and then applied (via config/reset) into production.

2) If option full config without actual config reset is used, it does not manage all the check boxes in the matrix

a) Its not clear either will it switch all checkboxes, or just add new config check boxes Or do nothing

D2 Mergers the check box if you select option to import config without actual reset.

b) For configuration / contexts that are deleted, how those will be handled

Deleted from Prod and then an import of config from Dev?  Import will result in config being added back.             

Or Deleted from Dev and then config imported into Prod?    Config will remain in Prod.

c) Will override option, both override the configuration and its associated check boxes in the matrix?

Overwrite configuration, overwrites the configuration it has nothing to do with check boxes in matrix.

Include imported modules relative matrix switches is the option to select to allow the import matrix switches to be                                          applied/merged  with existing matrix switches

d) In which deployment option do we need to take care of Public Searches in the target environment?

If I understand your question correctly…

If you do a full config with reset then as the warning dialog box indicates, it will reset public searches.

Public searches are user created searches.  If you want to retain these then you would first export them from Production, import                     your dev/test config with full reset, then import the public searches you had exported.  Public searches are saved in a search.xml.

Hope this will clarify.

21 Posts

May 26th, 2014 11:00

Hi Anurag

You are right you cannot configure audit-able events to get notification.

Only workflow related events mentioned below you can configure notification.

dm_startedworkitem","Rendition Error","Job_Failure","Agent_Exec_Failure","DM_SYSADMIN",

"dm_selectedworkitem","dm_completedworkitem","dm_reassignedworkitem","dm_changedactivityinstancestate",

"dm_delegatedworkitem","dm_startworkflow","dm_terminateworkflow","dm_abortworkflow",

"dm_changestateworkflow","dm_changeworkflowsupervisor","dm_changestateactivity","dm_changestateprocess");

Hope this answer your question

Thank you

May 26th, 2014 12:00

Hi Pinal,

Thanks for the reply. But D2 4.2 guide mentions as below and it works for d2_workflow_started which I have tested. Does it mean, it will work only work for D2 wrapper events for the events you mentioned above? And below statement should then be Documentum Workflow audit event then I think

"Select or type the event to use from the list box. D2

accepts Documentum audit events as a trigger for

sending a notification.

For example, if you want D2 to send a notification

when a workflow is started, select or type

d2_workflow_started"

We wanted to send notifications on D2 audit events like reject task etc, but looks like it won't ne feasible with events

21 Posts

May 26th, 2014 12:00

yes that is right with current configuration you cannot add D2 notification to other events

May 30th, 2014 04:00

Hi Pinal Shah,

Could you detail a lit bit more how this tickets (D2_ACTION_DM_TICKET_GENERATE and D2_EVENT_DM_TICKET_GENERATED ) work?

I am using the OpenAjaxHub to execute the action D2_ACTION_DM_TICKET_GENERATE.

I understood that after requesting by D2_ACTION_DM_TICKET_GENERATE, I would listen a D2_EVENT_DM_TICKET_GENERATED event with the ticket attached to the message of this event that I would use to communicate directly to the repository. The ticket is being generated

ExternalUtilWidget : PUBLISH : - event : D2_EVENT_DM_TICKET_GENERATED - message : oam_cuid==d2_demo-1401449339524-dmadmin-1630151795!!oam_sender==ExternalUtilWidget!!widgetType==ExternalUtilWidget!!config==ExternalUtilWidget!!oam_target_id==ExternalWidget-0!!ticket==DM_TICKET=T0JK...T0K!!ticket_timeout==300000!!ticket_time_generated==14...92!!ticket_time_expiration==1401

what is great, but I am not listening specifically this event.

What did I miss?

Thank You!

21 Posts

May 30th, 2014 07:00

Sample is form D2 4.2 P02. This might not working with previous version.

Hope this would help.

var reqTime;

function subscribeToNewTicket() {

d2OpenAjaxHub.subscribeToChannel( "D2_EVENT_DM_TICKET_GENERATED",

onNewTicket, false);

}

function publishNewTicketRequest(){

reqTime = new Date(); // record the time the ticket was requested

d2OpenAjaxHub.sendMessage( "D2_ACTION_DM_TICKET_GENERATE", messageToSend);

}

function onNewTicket(event, oMessage) {

var ticket = oMessage.get("ticket");

var timeout = parseInt(oMessage.get("ticket_timeout"));

var absTimeout = new Date();

absTimeout.setTime(reqTime.getTime() + timeout);

}

May 31st, 2014 07:00

Does D2-Config Specification Comparison does not compare dictionary and taxonomy data? So that has to be manually done by exporting in excel?

69 Posts

June 1st, 2014 15:00

Hi Pinal,

Can you explain how O2 "query results in Office" (panel in the bottom of O2 configuration page) is working exactly ?

No Events found!