Highlighted
AnuragJain1983
1 Copper

Re: Ask the Expert: D2 Configuration options, Matrix selection & Plugin Development

Hi Pinal,

Thanks for the reply. But D2 4.2 guide mentions as below and it works for d2_workflow_started which I have tested. Does it mean, it will work only work for D2 wrapper events for the events you mentioned above? And below statement should then be Documentum Workflow audit event then I think

"Select or type the event to use from the list box. D2

accepts Documentum audit events as a trigger for

sending a notification.

For example, if you want D2 to send a notification

when a workflow is started, select or type

d2_workflow_started"

We wanted to send notifications on D2 audit events like reject task etc, but looks like it won't ne feasible with events

0 Kudos
shahp
2 Iron

Re: Ask the Expert: D2 Configuration options, Matrix selection & Plugin Development

yes that is right with current configuration you cannot add D2 notification to other events

0 Kudos

Hi Pinal Shah,

Could you detail a lit bit more how this tickets (D2_ACTION_DM_TICKET_GENERATE and D2_EVENT_DM_TICKET_GENERATED ) work?

I am using the OpenAjaxHub to execute the action D2_ACTION_DM_TICKET_GENERATE.

I understood that after requesting by D2_ACTION_DM_TICKET_GENERATE, I would listen a D2_EVENT_DM_TICKET_GENERATED event with the ticket attached to the message of this event that I would use to communicate directly to the repository. The ticket is being generated

ExternalUtilWidget : PUBLISH : - event : D2_EVENT_DM_TICKET_GENERATED - message : oam_cuid==d2_demo-1401449339524-dmadmin-1630151795!!oam_sender==ExternalUtilWidget!!widgetType==ExternalUtilWidget!!config==ExternalUtilWidget!!oam_target_id==ExternalWidget-0!!ticket==DM_TICKET=T0JK...T0K!!ticket_timeout==300000!!ticket_time_generated==14...92!!ticket_time_expiration==1401

what is great, but I am not listening specifically this event.

What did I miss?

Thank You!

0 Kudos
shahp
2 Iron

Sample is form D2 4.2 P02. This might not working with previous version.

Hope this would help.

var reqTime;

function subscribeToNewTicket() {

d2OpenAjaxHub.subscribeToChannel( "D2_EVENT_DM_TICKET_GENERATED",

onNewTicket, false);

}

function publishNewTicketRequest(){

reqTime = new Date(); // record the time the ticket was requested

d2OpenAjaxHub.sendMessage( "D2_ACTION_DM_TICKET_GENERATE", messageToSend);

}

function onNewTicket(event, oMessage) {

var ticket = oMessage.get("ticket");

var timeout = parseInt(oMessage.get("ticket_timeout"));

var absTimeout = new Date();

absTimeout.setTime(reqTime.getTime() + timeout);

}

AnuragJain1983
1 Copper

Does D2-Config Specification Comparison does not compare dictionary and taxonomy data? So that has to be manually done by exporting in excel?

0 Kudos
jeremyprioux
3 Argentium

Hi Pinal,

Can you explain how O2 "query results in Office" (panel in the bottom of O2 configuration page) is working exactly ?

0 Kudos
shahp
2 Iron

D2 Config Specification > Compare Specification is not available in release 4.2 due to known issues.

This will be available in future release again and regarding your question about comparing dictionary or taxonomy might be not working with this 3.1 release as well.

With current release you can only generate specification but not compare.

0 Kudos
shahp
2 Iron

Hi Jermy,

You can check 3.1 O2 Admin Guide. It has screenshot and bit more information,

DQL identifier - historic

Example of DQL request to create an history of versions:

select r_object_id, r_version_label, r_modify_date, r_modifier, log_entry from dm_sysobject(all) where

i_chronicle_id = '$value(i_chronicle_id)' and r_object_id <= '$value(r_object_id)' order by

i_antecedent_id, r_object_id

• You can use the DQL document’s properties by using the variable

$value(document_property)

• The result of the request is used in the Office document with the following syntax for the previous example:

– historique.r_version_label[0] for the first value of the property r_version_label

– historique.r_version_label{\n} for all values of property r_version_label with a carriage return after

each value

– historique.r_version_label{,} for all values of property r_version_label separated by a « , »

Hope this will help

Thank you

Pinal Shah

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for your answer.

I've tried to run your example and I've got the same problem. It publishs the event, but "onNewTicket" is never called.

Then I took a look on the D2 version I was using and I found out that is D2 4.2 P0. So, this is a known issue, right?

Is there any work around? Or just update the patch?

(I know that I still can pass the Ticket through URL, but as far as I know, I may have problems refreshing the ticket after 5 min).

Thanks!

Giovanni.

0 Kudos
shahp
2 Iron

HI Giovannni

I think this events are available  with 4.2 P02. Can you please try 42. p02?

0 Kudos