Joydeep85
2 Bronze

Re: Ask the Expert: D2 Configuration options, Matrix selection & Plugin Development

Dear All,

As per the D2_4 X_Plugins_Extensions.PDF document page no19, I am trying to create a custom dialog.

I am using D2 4..2

Created java , xml and properties file for that as per written in the document.

Then configured a menu item like :-

<dynamic-action class="com.emc.d2fs.dctm.ui.dynamicactions.actions.ShowDialog" dialog="Feature2Dialog"/>

But when clicking the menu from D2, in the D2.log getting the below error :-

2014-06-04 13:49:44 [INFO ] - c.e.x.p.s.s.d.RpcDialogServiceImpl[                    ] : Context novaplus-1401869854090-authord2-2131973358 with ID = 0c01b66980000104

2014-06-04 13:49:44 [DEBUG] - c.e.d.d.a.InjectSessionAspect[                    ] : Call first service D2DialogService.getDialog(..)

2014-06-04 13:49:44 [DEBUG] - c.e.d.d.a.InjectSessionAspect[                    ] : Search plugins for D2DialogServicePlugin => []

2014-06-04 13:49:44 [DEBUG] - c.e.d.d.w.s.D2fsContext[                    ] : Session : s1 (0.000s)

2014-06-04 13:49:44 [ERROR] - c.e.d.d.a.InjectSessionAspect[                    ] : {}

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at com.emc.common.java.xml.XmlUtil.loadFromURL(XmlUtil.java:144) [C6-Common-4.2.0.jar:na]

at com.emc.d2fs.dctm.dialogs.AbstractDialog.buildDialog(AbstractDialog.java:142) [D2FS4DCTM-WEB-4.2.0.jar:na]

at com.emc.d2fs.dctm.dialogs.AbstractDialog.buildDialog(AbstractDialog.java:82) [D2FS4DCTM-WEB-4.2.0.jar:na]

at com.emc.d2fs.dctm.web.services.dialog.D2DialogService.getDialog_aroundBody0(D2DialogService.java:94) [D2FS4DCTM-WEB-4.2.0.jar:na]

at com.emc.d2fs.dctm.web.services.dialog.D2DialogService$AjcClosure1.run(D2DialogService.java:1) [D2FS4DCTM-WEB-4.2.0.jar:na]

at org.aspectj.runtime.reflect.JoinPointImpl.proceed(JoinPointImpl.java:221) [aspectjrt-1.6.11.jar:na]

at com.emc.d2fs.dctm.aspects.InjectSessionAspect.process(InjectSessionAspect.java:138) [D2FS4DCTM-WEB-4.2.0.jar:na]

at com.emc.d2fs.dctm.web.services.dialog.D2DialogService.getDialog(D2DialogService.java:74) [D2FS4DCTM-WEB-4.2.0.jar:na]

at com.emc.x3.portal.server.service.dialog.RpcDialogServiceImpl.getDialog(RpcDialogServiceImpl.java:54) [RpcDialogServiceImpl.class:na]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) [na:1.7.0_55]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_55]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_55]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_55]

at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:561) [gwt-servlet-2.5.1.jar:na]

at com.emc.x3.server.GuiceRemoteServiceServlet.processCall(GuiceRemoteServiceServlet.java:105) [X3-Common-4.2.0.jar:na]

at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:248) [gwt-servlet-2.5.1.jar:na]

at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:62) [gwt-servlet-2.5.1.jar:na]

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:646) [servlet-api.jar:na]

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727) [servlet-api.jar:na]

at com.google.inject.servlet.ServletDefinition.doService(ServletDefinition.java:263) [guice-servlet-3.0.jar:na]

at com.google.inject.servlet.ServletDefinition.service(ServletDefinition.java:178) [guice-servlet-3.0.jar:na]

at com.google.inject.servlet.ManagedServletPipeline.service(ManagedServletPipeline.java:91) [guice-servlet-3.0.jar:na]

at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterChainInvocation.doFilter(FilterChainInvocation.java:62) [guice-servlet-3.0.jar:na]

at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter.executeChain(AbstractShiroFilter.java:359) [shiro-web-1.1.0.jar:na]

at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter$1.call(AbstractShiroFilter.java:275) [shiro-web-1.1.0.jar:na]

at org.apache.shiro.subject.support.SubjectCallable.doCall(SubjectCallable.java:90) [shiro-core-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]

at org.apache.shiro.subject.support.SubjectCallable.call(SubjectCallable.java:83) [shiro-core-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]

at org.apache.shiro.subject.support.DelegatingSubject.execute(DelegatingSubject.java:344) [shiro-core-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]

at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter.doFilterInternal(AbstractShiroFilter.java:272) [shiro-web-1.1.0.jar:na]

at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:81) [shiro-web-1.1.0.jar:na]

at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterDefinition.doFilter(FilterDefinition.java:163) [guice-servlet-3.0.jar:na]

at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterChainInvocation.doFilter(FilterChainInvocation.java:58) [guice-servlet-3.0.jar:na]

at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterDefinition.doFilter(FilterDefinition.java:168) [guice-servlet-3.0.jar:na]

at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterChainInvocation.doFilter(FilterChainInvocation.java:58) [guice-servlet-3.0.jar:na]

at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterDefinition.doFilter(FilterDefinition.java:168) [guice-servlet-3.0.jar:na]

at com.google.inject.servlet.ManagedFilterPipeline.dispatch(ManagedFilterPipeline.java:118) [guice-servlet-3.0.jar:na]

at com.google.inject.servlet.GuiceFilter.doFilter(GuiceFilter.java:113) [guice-servlet-3.0.jar:na]

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241) [catalina.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208) [catalina.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220) [catalina.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122) [catalina.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501) [catalina.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:170) [catalina.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98) [catalina.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:950) [catalina.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116) [catalina.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408) [catalina.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1040) [tomcat-coyote.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:607) [tomcat-coyote.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(AprEndpoint.java:2441) [tomcat-coyote.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(AprEndpoint.java:2430) [tomcat-coyote.jar:7.0.53]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_55]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_55]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_55]

2014-06-04 13:49:44 [DEBUG] - c.e.d.d.w.s.D2fsContext[                    ] : Release session : s1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
shahp
2 Iron

Re: Ask the Expert: D2 Configuration options, Matrix selection & Plugin Development

Hi Joydeep

You need to log service request with support for this kind of issue as support needs to verify your xml and component files and implementation.

Thank you

Pinal Shah

0 Kudos

Hello Pinal,

I´m trying to create a new content in D2, starting from another document X (I select the document X in the "Document List", right click on it and press "Create").

After i start this, It shows me the screen "Fill Creation Profile" and a box named "Inheritance" with the filed "Source content" set with the name of the document X i chose before. When i click "Next" it goes to the page "Edit Properties" and shows the Property Page i configured.

My doubt: I would like to access the id of the document X in my Property Page to use it in an inside DQL. How could i make it or is there any alternative?

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
shahp
2 Iron

Hi Falviohen

Let me clarify your requirement - you need the r_object_id of the source(Document X in your case) Am i right?

Thank you

Pinal Shah

0 Kudos

Hello Pinal,

Thank you for the fast answer.

Yes, exactly, i need the r_object_id of the source Document X.

Hugs,

Flavio H

0 Kudos
shahp
2 Iron

Hi Flavio H,

I think try this and most likely it will work

Somehow you need to copy r_object_id to one of your custom attribute

I have done quick test and it worked.

I used subject but you can use any custom property

On import original doc - I started LC and copy r_obejct_id using set property to subject

Inheritance I used subject to inherit value.

Select newly imported document and import new document

r_object_id got copied over to subject field in my case.

Then you can use that field in your dql on the property page.

Hope this will help

Thank you

Pinal Shah

0 Kudos

Thank you very much, Pinal! Worked perfectly!

0 Kudos
shahp
2 Iron

Thanks Flavio H.

I am glad I am able to help quickly.

0 Kudos
Joydeep85
2 Bronze

Hi Pinal,

Ok . Thanks for your reply.

I will raise a SR.

Just one query :- Do you have idea on how to call the custom dialog from the Menu item ?

I am doing like  this :-

Createa a new menu and called the dialog like this  :- <dynamic-action class="com.emc.d2fs.dctm.ui.dynamicactions.actions.ShowDialog" dialog="Feature2Dialog"/>

0 Kudos
jeremyprioux
3 Argentium

Hello,

Could explain how to use exactly the custom actions "see custom action reference" in admin guide ? Especially launchMethod and launchMethodOnEachIds.

There are a lot of details missing there

Thank you !

0 Kudos