Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 5th, 2014 15:00

Ask the Expert: D2 Configuration options, Matrix selection & Plugin Development

YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED ON THESE ATE EVENTS...

Ask the Expert: Features + Benefits of EMC Documentum D7

Ask the Expert – All About the EMC Documentum Information Rights Management (IRM) 5.1 Release

https://community.emc.com/thread/168932?tstart=0

This Ask the Expert session will be covering EMC Documentum D2-Client and D2-Config Configuration Options And Customization. Among the many areas will be discussing, our experts will answer your questions in regards to best practices, supported configurations and issues with Documentum D2.

Our expert is standing by to cover all this and much more during the 3 weeks of the event.  Join the conversation!

Your Host:

profile-image-display.jspa?imageID=10322&size=350

Pinal Shah have been working with EMC Documentum Support for the last 9 years. He is a SME for D2, XCP, WEB products suites. In the past few years Pinal have been focusing on the D2 and xCP 2.0 and 1.6 product set. With D2 and XCP 2.0 he has been supporting customers on configuration, customization and performance issues as well as providing configuration options to achieve their requirements.

This discussion: takes place May 19 - June 9. Get ready by following this page to receive updates in your activity stream or through email.

Share this event on Twitter:

>> Join the next Ask the Expert: D2 Configuration options, Matrix selection & Plugin Development http://bit.ly/1njJkyr 5/19 - 6/9 #EMCATE <<

21 Posts

June 2nd, 2014 07:00

D2 Config Specification > Compare Specification is not available in release 4.2 due to known issues.

This will be available in future release again and regarding your question about comparing dictionary or taxonomy might be not working with this 3.1 release as well.

With current release you can only generate specification but not compare.

21 Posts

June 2nd, 2014 08:00

Hi Jermy,

You can check 3.1 O2 Admin Guide. It has screenshot and bit more information,

DQL identifier - historic

Example of DQL request to create an history of versions:

select r_object_id, r_version_label, r_modify_date, r_modifier, log_entry from dm_sysobject(all) where

i_chronicle_id = '$value(i_chronicle_id)' and r_object_id <= '$value(r_object_id)' order by

i_antecedent_id, r_object_id

• You can use the DQL document’s properties by using the variable

$value(document_property)

• The result of the request is used in the Office document with the following syntax for the previous example:

– historique.r_version_label[0] for the first value of the property r_version_label

– historique.r_version_label{\n} for all values of property r_version_label with a carriage return after

each value

– historique.r_version_label{,} for all values of property r_version_label separated by a « , »

Hope this will help

Thank you

Pinal Shah

21 Posts

June 2nd, 2014 11:00

HI Giovannni

I think this events are available  with 4.2 P02. Can you please try 42. p02?

June 2nd, 2014 11:00

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for your answer.

I've tried to run your example and I've got the same problem. It publishs the event, but "onNewTicket" is never called.

Then I took a look on the D2 version I was using and I found out that is D2 4.2 P0. So, this is a known issue, right?

Is there any work around? Or just update the patch?

(I know that I still can pass the Ticket through URL, but as far as I know, I may have problems refreshing the ticket after 5 min).

Thanks!

Giovanni.

18 Posts

June 4th, 2014 02:00

Dear All,

As per the D2_4 X_Plugins_Extensions.PDF document page no19, I am trying to create a custom dialog.

I am using D2 4..2

Created java , xml and properties file for that as per written in the document.

Then configured a menu item like :-

But when clicking the menu from D2, in the D2.log getting the below error :-

2014-06-04 13:49:44 [INFO ] - c.e.x.p.s.s.d.RpcDialogServiceImpl[                    ] : Context novaplus-1401869854090-authord2-2131973358 with ID = 0c01b66980000104

2014-06-04 13:49:44 [DEBUG] - c.e.d.d.a.InjectSessionAspect[                    ] : Call first service D2DialogService.getDialog(..)

2014-06-04 13:49:44 [DEBUG] - c.e.d.d.a.InjectSessionAspect[                    ] : Search plugins for D2DialogServicePlugin => []

2014-06-04 13:49:44 [DEBUG] - c.e.d.d.w.s.D2fsContext[                    ] : Session : s1 (0.000s)

2014-06-04 13:49:44 [ERROR] - c.e.d.d.a.InjectSessionAspect[                    ] : {}

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at com.emc.common.java.xml.XmlUtil.loadFromURL(XmlUtil.java:144) [C6-Common-4.2.0.jar:na]

at com.emc.d2fs.dctm.dialogs.AbstractDialog.buildDialog(AbstractDialog.java:142) [D2FS4DCTM-WEB-4.2.0.jar:na]

at com.emc.d2fs.dctm.dialogs.AbstractDialog.buildDialog(AbstractDialog.java:82) [D2FS4DCTM-WEB-4.2.0.jar:na]

at com.emc.d2fs.dctm.web.services.dialog.D2DialogService.getDialog_aroundBody0(D2DialogService.java:94) [D2FS4DCTM-WEB-4.2.0.jar:na]

at com.emc.d2fs.dctm.web.services.dialog.D2DialogService$AjcClosure1.run(D2DialogService.java:1) [D2FS4DCTM-WEB-4.2.0.jar:na]

at org.aspectj.runtime.reflect.JoinPointImpl.proceed(JoinPointImpl.java:221) [aspectjrt-1.6.11.jar:na]

at com.emc.d2fs.dctm.aspects.InjectSessionAspect.process(InjectSessionAspect.java:138) [D2FS4DCTM-WEB-4.2.0.jar:na]

at com.emc.d2fs.dctm.web.services.dialog.D2DialogService.getDialog(D2DialogService.java:74) [D2FS4DCTM-WEB-4.2.0.jar:na]

at com.emc.x3.portal.server.service.dialog.RpcDialogServiceImpl.getDialog(RpcDialogServiceImpl.java:54) [RpcDialogServiceImpl.class:na]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) [na:1.7.0_55]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_55]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_55]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_55]

at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:561) [gwt-servlet-2.5.1.jar:na]

at com.emc.x3.server.GuiceRemoteServiceServlet.processCall(GuiceRemoteServiceServlet.java:105) [X3-Common-4.2.0.jar:na]

at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:248) [gwt-servlet-2.5.1.jar:na]

at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:62) [gwt-servlet-2.5.1.jar:na]

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:646) [servlet-api.jar:na]

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727) [servlet-api.jar:na]

at com.google.inject.servlet.ServletDefinition.doService(ServletDefinition.java:263) [guice-servlet-3.0.jar:na]

at com.google.inject.servlet.ServletDefinition.service(ServletDefinition.java:178) [guice-servlet-3.0.jar:na]

at com.google.inject.servlet.ManagedServletPipeline.service(ManagedServletPipeline.java:91) [guice-servlet-3.0.jar:na]

at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterChainInvocation.doFilter(FilterChainInvocation.java:62) [guice-servlet-3.0.jar:na]

at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter.executeChain(AbstractShiroFilter.java:359) [shiro-web-1.1.0.jar:na]

at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter$1.call(AbstractShiroFilter.java:275) [shiro-web-1.1.0.jar:na]

at org.apache.shiro.subject.support.SubjectCallable.doCall(SubjectCallable.java:90) [shiro-core-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]

at org.apache.shiro.subject.support.SubjectCallable.call(SubjectCallable.java:83) [shiro-core-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]

at org.apache.shiro.subject.support.DelegatingSubject.execute(DelegatingSubject.java:344) [shiro-core-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]

at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter.doFilterInternal(AbstractShiroFilter.java:272) [shiro-web-1.1.0.jar:na]

at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:81) [shiro-web-1.1.0.jar:na]

at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterDefinition.doFilter(FilterDefinition.java:163) [guice-servlet-3.0.jar:na]

at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterChainInvocation.doFilter(FilterChainInvocation.java:58) [guice-servlet-3.0.jar:na]

at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterDefinition.doFilter(FilterDefinition.java:168) [guice-servlet-3.0.jar:na]

at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterChainInvocation.doFilter(FilterChainInvocation.java:58) [guice-servlet-3.0.jar:na]

at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterDefinition.doFilter(FilterDefinition.java:168) [guice-servlet-3.0.jar:na]

at com.google.inject.servlet.ManagedFilterPipeline.dispatch(ManagedFilterPipeline.java:118) [guice-servlet-3.0.jar:na]

at com.google.inject.servlet.GuiceFilter.doFilter(GuiceFilter.java:113) [guice-servlet-3.0.jar:na]

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241) [catalina.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208) [catalina.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220) [catalina.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122) [catalina.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501) [catalina.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:170) [catalina.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98) [catalina.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:950) [catalina.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116) [catalina.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408) [catalina.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1040) [tomcat-coyote.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:607) [tomcat-coyote.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(AprEndpoint.java:2441) [tomcat-coyote.jar:7.0.53]

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(AprEndpoint.java:2430) [tomcat-coyote.jar:7.0.53]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_55]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_55]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_55]

2014-06-04 13:49:44 [DEBUG] - c.e.d.d.w.s.D2fsContext[                    ] : Release session : s1

21 Posts

June 4th, 2014 05:00

Hi Joydeep

You need to log service request with support for this kind of issue as support needs to verify your xml and component files and implementation.

Thank you

Pinal Shah

June 4th, 2014 09:00

Hello Pinal,

I´m trying to create a new content in D2, starting from another document X (I select the document X in the "Document List", right click on it and press "Create").

After i start this, It shows me the screen "Fill Creation Profile" and a box named "Inheritance" with the filed "Source content" set with the name of the document X i chose before. When i click "Next" it goes to the page "Edit Properties" and shows the Property Page i configured.

My doubt: I would like to access the id of the document X in my Property Page to use it in an inside DQL. How could i make it or is there any alternative?

Kind Regards

21 Posts

Hi Falviohen

Let me clarify your requirement - you need the r_object_id of the source(Document X in your case) Am i right?

Thank you

Pinal Shah

Hello Pinal,

Thank you for the fast answer.

Yes, exactly, i need the r_object_id of the source Document X.

Hugs,

Flavio H

21 Posts

June 4th, 2014 10:00

Hi Flavio H,

I think try this and most likely it will work

Somehow you need to copy r_object_id to one of your custom attribute

I have done quick test and it worked.

I used subject but you can use any custom property

On import original doc - I started LC and copy r_obejct_id using set property to subject

Inheritance I used subject to inherit value.

Select newly imported document and import new document

r_object_id got copied over to subject field in my case.

Then you can use that field in your dql on the property page.

Hope this will help

Thank you

Pinal Shah

June 4th, 2014 11:00

Thank you very much, Pinal! Worked perfectly!

21 Posts

June 4th, 2014 11:00

Thanks Flavio H.

I am glad I am able to help quickly.

18 Posts

June 5th, 2014 00:00

Hi Pinal,

Ok . Thanks for your reply.

I will raise a SR.

Just one query :- Do you have idea on how to call the custom dialog from the Menu item ?

I am doing like  this :-

Createa a new menu and called the dialog like this  :-

69 Posts

June 5th, 2014 20:00

Hello,

Could explain how to use exactly the custom actions "see custom action reference" in admin guide ? Especially launchMethod and launchMethodOnEachIds.

There are a lot of details missing there

Thank you !

June 6th, 2014 09:00

Hi Pinal,

Any clue why this message is coming in the logs for D2? I just upgraded from Patch 07 to patch 13

ERROR]2014-06-06 14:52:37 [ERROR] - c.e.d.d.w.services.D2fsAbstractServicec.e.d.d.w.services.D2fsAbstractService: Any Service's GetURL won't be able to work without BaseUrl

2014-06-06 14:52:41 [ERROR] - c.e.d.d.w.services.D2fsAbstractService  : Any Service's GetURL won't be able to work without BaseUrl

2014-06-06 14:52:41 [ERROR] - c.e.d.d.w.services.D2fsAbstractService : Any Service's GetURL won't be able to work without BaseUrl

2014-06-06 14:52:46 [ERROR] - c.e.d.d.w.services.D2fsAbstractService  : Any Service's GetURL won't be able to work without BaseUrl

Thanks

Regards,

Anurag

No Events found!