Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 5th, 2014 15:00

Ask the Expert: D2 Configuration options, Matrix selection & Plugin Development

YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED ON THESE ATE EVENTS...

Ask the Expert: Features + Benefits of EMC Documentum D7

Ask the Expert – All About the EMC Documentum Information Rights Management (IRM) 5.1 Release

https://community.emc.com/thread/168932?tstart=0

This Ask the Expert session will be covering EMC Documentum D2-Client and D2-Config Configuration Options And Customization. Among the many areas will be discussing, our experts will answer your questions in regards to best practices, supported configurations and issues with Documentum D2.

Our expert is standing by to cover all this and much more during the 3 weeks of the event.  Join the conversation!

Your Host:

profile-image-display.jspa?imageID=10322&size=350

Pinal Shah have been working with EMC Documentum Support for the last 9 years. He is a SME for D2, XCP, WEB products suites. In the past few years Pinal have been focusing on the D2 and xCP 2.0 and 1.6 product set. With D2 and XCP 2.0 he has been supporting customers on configuration, customization and performance issues as well as providing configuration options to achieve their requirements.

This discussion: takes place May 19 - June 9. Get ready by following this page to receive updates in your activity stream or through email.

Share this event on Twitter:

>> Join the next Ask the Expert: D2 Configuration options, Matrix selection & Plugin Development http://bit.ly/1njJkyr 5/19 - 6/9 #EMCATE <<

21 Posts

June 6th, 2014 09:00

HI Joydeep

we have example with D2 SDK about plugin development. Sample plugin for export has code for custom export action from there you should be able to find information.

Did you check that?

21 Posts

Hi Jermy

You can call custom action from the button configuration on property page like below.

If you open the property page - Ok button > Execute action after property save.

That action should be called after user click ok

Hope this should work

Thank you

Pinal Shah

21 Posts

Hi Anurag

Looks like some installation issue, if you are getting this error during startup.

Can you set logback to debug mode and see if that gives you some more details.

Thank you

21 Posts

Hi Joydeep and Jermy

I will check and get back to on your questions.

June 7th, 2014 07:00

Hi Pinal,

I did some further analysis and below error appears just in logs but everything works fine

2014-06-07 05:53:36 [DEBUG] - c.e.d.d.w.s.D2fsAbstractService[                    ] : settings.properties not found !

2014-06-07 05:53:36 [ [INFO ]DEBUG] - c.e.d.d.w.s.D2fsAbstractService[                    ]c.e.d.d.w.s.D2fsAbstractService[                    ] : settings.properties not found !

2014-06-07 05:53:36 [ERROR] - c.e.d.d.w.s.D2fsAbstractService[                    ] : Any Service's GetURL won't be able to work without BaseUrl

2014-06-07 05:53:36 [ERROR] - c.e.d.d.w.s.D2fsAbstractService[                    ]c.e.d.d.w.s.D2fsAbstractService[                    ] : Any Service's GetURL won't be able to work without BaseUrl

But if I uncomment the url in settings.properties, the error disappears

# If the D2FS server is behind a reverse proxy, the following line must be uncommented and its

# value set accordingly in order for content transfer to work correctly.  For example, if the

# reverse proxy has DNS name or alias "reverseproxy" and uses the default https port 443 and

# the name of the D2FS web application is "D2FS", then the value of connection.remote.url would

# be https://reverseproxy/D2FS

#connection.remote.url = http://[proxy|server][:[port]]/[D2FS_Ctx]

But is it something new with D2 4.1 patch 13? Why there was no such issue with patch 07?

And do I configure the D2 url here as D2FS is inside D2 now.

Let me know if you have any opinion

Thanks for help

Regards,

Anurag

21 Posts

June 9th, 2014 05:00

Hi Anurag

This should be commented out if you are not using reverse proxy for the D2.

This is a bug if it's coming out as un-commented in P13

you can see I checked in D2 42P1 and it's commented out.

# If the D2 server is behind a reverse proxy, the following line must be uncommented and its

# value set accordingly in order for content transfer to work correctly. For example, if the

# reverse proxy has DNS name or alias "reverseproxy" and uses the default https port 443 and

# the name of the D2 web application is "D2", then the value of connection.remote.url would

# be https://reverseproxy/D2

# Note: D2_Ctx refers to the D2 web application name context

#connection.remote.url = http://[proxy|server][:[port]]/[D2_Ctx]

June 9th, 2014 14:00

This Ask the Expert event has ended. Thanks to our experts and those who participated in the discussion!

Just so you know, here is another ATE going on now. Join us or share them on Twitter:

Ask the Expert about EMC VSPEX: Building your Private Cloud so that you can focus on your business

Cheers,

Roberto

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 2nd, 2014 02:00

Hi AnuragJain1983

Please log a service request for this case.

Engineering is looking into this as this error has been noticed by multiple customers.

Damon

9 Posts

July 14th, 2014 23:00

CusotmActionCall.PNG.png

HI Experts

I have written a method and when i ran the method from DA manually it ran successfully.

But when i am calling the same method from the D2-Config from the above configuration than i am not getting any output in the log file

32 Posts

July 24th, 2014 01:00

Hi D2 Expert,

I am facing some issues in uniqueness , like while editing some numeber fields on which I have applied uniqueness, is giving

warning message on duplicate number which is required & also not allow user to click on "ok" button till the time he is not entering the unique number.

But if user clicking on cancel, will save the duplicate number as attribute value.

Please sugeest some possible scenerio.

Regards,

Ekta

126 Posts

July 29th, 2014 02:00

Hi

Pinal Shah

I was trying to install D2 Custom method as a module using documentum composer

below is the method class

import java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream;

import java.util.Locale;

import com.documentum.fc.client.IDfModule;

import com.documentum.fc.client.IDfNote;

import com.documentum.fc.client.IDfSession;

import com.documentum.fc.client.IDfSysObject;

import com.emc.common.java.utils.ArgumentParser;

import com.emc.d2.api.methods.D2methodBean;

import com.emc.d2.api.methods.ID2Method;

public class D2CustomMethod  implements IDfModule, ID2Method {

@Override

public D2methodBean execute(IDfSession session, IDfSysObject sysObject,

Locale local, ArgumentParser parser) throws Exception {

sysObject.setKeywords(0, "mayur");

String objectPath = sysObject.getPath(0);

IDfNote note = (IDfNote) session.newObject("dm_note");

note.setContentType("crtext");

byte b[] = {35,36,37,38,39};

ByteArrayOutputStream out = new ByteArrayOutputStream();

out.write(b, 0, 5);

note.setContent(out);

note.setString("keywords", "Noter");

note.setString("title", "Note");

note.save();

return null;

}

}

3) I created jar definition of this class

4) Created standard module and specified jar definition and implementation class

5)  Created method artifact for this method with the same name as module and installed it

with this procedure i am not able to view the installed method either by DA or by Workflow manager

can you provide the detailed methodology to follow for installing D2 custom method as a module

Regards

Mayur Mitkari

9 Posts

July 29th, 2014 20:00

Please check that the method is visible in D2-Config.This is the standard procedure and to verify it please import some out of the box method into your composer and check the composer.

Regards

Shashank

July 30th, 2014 02:00

Dear experts,

For lifecycle entry condition, I am using Condition check by using method. In case of success my below method returns null and in case of failure I create an object of D2methodBean

D2methodBean execute

But in both cases I am getting the failure message configured in Lifecycle. Is my above understanding correct or do i need to send different values in success or failure?

Regards,

Anurag

9 Posts

July 30th, 2014 02:00

We attach the lifecycle to our document by going to creation

July 30th, 2014 03:00

I have a different problem then. Maybe experts might know solution for my problem

No Events found!