Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 5th, 2014 15:00

Ask the Expert: D2 Configuration options, Matrix selection & Plugin Development

YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED ON THESE ATE EVENTS...

Ask the Expert: Features + Benefits of EMC Documentum D7

Ask the Expert – All About the EMC Documentum Information Rights Management (IRM) 5.1 Release

https://community.emc.com/thread/168932?tstart=0

This Ask the Expert session will be covering EMC Documentum D2-Client and D2-Config Configuration Options And Customization. Among the many areas will be discussing, our experts will answer your questions in regards to best practices, supported configurations and issues with Documentum D2.

Our expert is standing by to cover all this and much more during the 3 weeks of the event.  Join the conversation!

Your Host:

profile-image-display.jspa?imageID=10322&size=350

Pinal Shah have been working with EMC Documentum Support for the last 9 years. He is a SME for D2, XCP, WEB products suites. In the past few years Pinal have been focusing on the D2 and xCP 2.0 and 1.6 product set. With D2 and XCP 2.0 he has been supporting customers on configuration, customization and performance issues as well as providing configuration options to achieve their requirements.

This discussion: takes place May 19 - June 9. Get ready by following this page to receive updates in your activity stream or through email.

Share this event on Twitter:

>> Join the next Ask the Expert: D2 Configuration options, Matrix selection & Plugin Development http://bit.ly/1njJkyr 5/19 - 6/9 #EMCATE <<

August 3rd, 2014 00:00

Could someone let me know what shall be the return parameters for D2Method in case of success or failure when using it as a condition for entry criteria of a lifecycle?

Also the session passed in execute method, is it by default under transaction? Or just we need to take session manager and make the transaction active

18 Posts

August 4th, 2014 00:00

"Could someone let me know what shall be the return parameters for D2Method in case of success or failure when using it as a condition for entry criteria of a lifecycle?"

Ans :-

public D2methodBean execute(IDfSession sessionAdmin, IDfSysObject docObject, Locale locale, ArgumentParser argumentParser) throws Exception

{

D2methodBean result = null;
  boolean success = false;

success = YourCustomMethod(Session, arg1,arg2,.....);
  if (success)
   result = new D2methodBean(0, "");
  else {
   result = new D2methodBean(-1, "");
  }

return result;

}

August 7th, 2014 10:00

Thanks that worked.

For jobs, I am using C6Logger just like D2 jobs use, but don't see my logs in DA, View job report even though the trace level is set high.

Whats the practice with this?

August 8th, 2014 02:00

Can the Score/Ranking column be moved to a different spot than the 2nd? I tried modifying d2c_preferences but but still it always appears at 2nd spot.

Seems it is hard coded somewhere. Any idea how to re position it for quick search

November 10th, 2014 04:00

Hi experts,

Couple of queries

1) Can we do multi repository search as xPlore supports it? How does D2 work in multi repository scenario

2) What are the best practices if more than 1 D2 application is hosted on a repository

- Just always import / export using application name and never full config resets?

- Define context / groups / creation profiles so that so that they are mutally exclusive and do not conflict or inherit? As I understand application name is just to group a set of contexts but at runtime all contexts are in scope.

- Search to be controlled based on acl groups as they should not be conflicting?

- how to reuse dictionaries and taxonomies?

- Deployment strategies

4 Posts

March 16th, 2016 08:00

Hello

I would like to know if it is possible to pass the OBJECTID in the Widget URL when using the external widget.

Thanks

9 Posts

March 16th, 2016 20:00

Search on the powerlink there is a complete process discussed on external widget .

You can get the answer of your query.

Regards

Shashank

No Events found!