Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2016 12:00

Ask the Expert: Easy Ways to Streamline Your EMC Online Support & MyService360 Experience

YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED ON THESE ATE EVENTS...

Ask the Expert: Avamar Server, Capacity and Replication

Ask the Expert: What’s New with our Hybrid Cloud Platforms?

Ask the Expert: SolVe Desktop, Proactive knowledge and Self-Help Procedures for Customer Engagement Readiness

myservice360.jpg

EMC is committed to delivering a world class service and support experience that meets the ever-changing business needs of our customers. We strive to continuously improve our support tools, resources, capabilities and offerings, and along with that comes change.

On this occasion we will be discussing the latest enhancements to EMC Online Support and MyService360TM, which includes new experiences to:

• Create, View, and Manage Service Requests
  • Live Chat with an EMC support professional
  • Set up your Profile, Sites, & Products within Company Administration
  • Identify and Schedule Onsite Services

Our experts will answer your questions regarding Online Support and MyService360 and offer guidance on how to use these tools to maximize the value of your customer service experience. 

This discussion takes place from Sept. 12th - Oct. 14th. Get ready by bookmarking this page or signing up for e-mail notifications.

FOLLOW THE ASK THE EXPERT COMMUNITY ON ECN

Meet Your Experts:

profile-image-display.jspa?imageID=9977&size=350

Principal Program Manager - Dell EMC CS Innovation

Brant has been with EMC for over 3 years. His experience includes project/program management and call center management in the Insurance and Technology industries.

profile-image-display.jspa?imageID=17785&size=350

Dell EMC Product Services Marketing

Lauren has been with EMC for 3+ years working across EMC Global Enterprise Services in various functions centered around communication and education for customers and employees. Her expertise includes marketing and communications, and video production.

profile-image-display.jspa?imageID=17783&size=350

Dell EMC Online Support - Customer Service

Michael has been with EMC Global Services for over 17 years in various functions focused on Customer Service and Support.  His expertise is in Software Development and Delivery.

profile-image-display.jspa?imageID=11880&size=350

Suzanne Correia 

Program Manager - Dell EMC Customer Service

Suzanne has been with EMC for over 16 years focusing on project/program management. She is our Online Support Live Chat expert.

INTERESTED ON A PARTICULAR TOPIC? SUBMIT IT TO US.

Share this event on Twitter or LinkedIn:

>> Ask the Expert: Easy Ways to Streamline Your EMC Online Support & MyService360 Experience http://bit.ly/2cwkYTY<<

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 21st, 2016 05:00

Hi Steve,

We appreciate the feedback.  You can find instructions for company administration, custom groupings and general set up on the Online Support Help Page

Thanks,

Lauren

• 

6.5K Posts

September 29th, 2016 18:00

hi there ,,,,

I am trying to follow particular SR ( not created by myself ) but cannot find ``chose SR to show `` function.

As we( as a team )  need to follow couple of SR even created by someone else , please advise how to follow SR .

oishi.png

thanks !

Aya

September 30th, 2016 04:00

Aya, is this your own teams SR?  Do you have the SR number?  What I have found works for me (and I really hope EMC gets the bugs out of this site fixed ASAP as it's very problematic from a Storage Architect's perspective) is to open your OWN SR and at the end of the web address for YOUR SR, paste in the SR number you're looking for.

Example:

YOUR SR:  https://onlinesupport.emc.com/SRDetails?srNumber=01234567  <-- Your SR

REPLACE WITH:  https://onlinesupport.emc.com/SRDetails?srNumber=07654321 <-- The SR you want to see

If you cannot view it, either add your site ID to your list of sites or open a new SR to EMC.  I've found occasionally that even though some of the various storage devices are on my site ID, even sometimes I cannot view them.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 30th, 2016 12:00

Hi Aya & Brian,

We do apologize for any inconvenience some of the recent changes may have caused.  The team is working diligently to address all customer concerns and technical issues.  If you're experiencing any bugs, please report them at support.emc.com/feedback.

With the transition to our new Service Request platform, the ability to watch and/or receive notifications on a particular SR, for which you are not the primary contact, is temporarily unavailable.  It will be coming in a future release.  That said, you can set up a new SR Event Notification for a specific site, custom Site Group, or Product Group from the Preferences link found below the navigation menu from any EMC Online Support page.  This will enable you to receive SR notifications for any SRs against a site or product, or grouping multiple sites or products of your choice.  Please refer to the help page for step by step instructions. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Hope this helps!

Lauren

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 3rd, 2016 13:00

Attention Users:

In case you haven't seen it, a new quick guide to the Online Support & MyService360 September release now available!  It explains the changes in this release in a bit more detail and outlines how to get the most out of some of the moved or modified functionality including:

• Managing Your Service Requests (SRs)
  • Searching for Your Service Requests (SRs)
  • Using ‘My Custom Groups’

Take a look!

• 

6.5K Posts

October 4th, 2016 03:00

HI there ... Another query from my user ...

Can you please tell me supported environment to use  MyService360?

As My user cannot use MyService360 with below environment.

Browser:IE 11  

Java SE Runtime Environment:1.8.0_101-b13

thanks !

Aya

• 

6.5K Posts

October 5th, 2016 19:00

Found below in Help ....

https://support.emc.com/help

•Supported Browsers – HTML5 browsers that support the attachments feature include: •Internet Explorer 10 and above

•Chrome

•Firefox

•Opera12 and above

•Safari 6

Note: The attachments feature requires Java version 1.7 or above. When you first use the attachments feature, the application will detect if your system has Java installed.

Note: The attachments feature requires Java version 1.7 or above. When you first use the attachments feature, the application will detect if your system has Java installed.

If your system has Java version 1.8 or above installed and Java is enabled in your browser, the attachments feature will launch.

Is anybody know some user cannot use Myservices360 even supported environment ?

• 

6.5K Posts

HI ....

My user saying it seems to be the function of reviewing closed SR ( especially Call Home case ) cannot be used from Managed Services Requests section in new MyServices 360 ..

Can you please advise how to do above  now ?

thanks !

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Hi Aya,

Apologies for the delay.  I was just about to reference that page.   

Please have your user try clearing his or her browsing data and cache in their browser (typically found under preferences or advanced settings in browser such as Chrome and Firefox)?  On rare occasions browsing data, cookies, etc. can have an impact on site performance.  If the issue persists, please report it through the site feedback form so our technical team can take a closer look into your user's specific case with the detail you provide. 

Thank you,

Lauren

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Hi Aya - Users can access a full list of closed SRs under 'SR Analysis' with the 'Incident Management'.  If they navigate to this page within MyService360, your user can click on 'Closed SRs' to see how they have been trending or export a detailed list from the 'SR Details' tab as shown below.  Note: The 'SR Details' tab is located in the bottom right corner of the screen. 

pic 10.png

5 Posts

October 6th, 2016 12:00

What a pain to use the new site - can only see all current SRs with old 3.1 mobile app (new one have same "my sites" issue), cannot find old SRs. Navigation a pain too, hope they take the bells and whistles away - only need one clear page with list of SRs. Called in re the missing SRs, created new SR to fix "my sites" issue - cannot see new SR, eish! Please don't take mobile 3.1 away, that's all that is sort of working for now. It's hard to ask a meaningful question about the new MyService360 site if there's still so many issues with it.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 11th, 2016 08:00

How do we update an SR with detailed notes of more than 500 chars?

A recent case I had to split my SR input into (6) or more NOTE entries via "Log a Note".

Not very user friendly..... We can get an error string with more than 500 chars, never mind the detail behind it...

Thanks

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 11th, 2016 17:00

Hi Hardus,

We apologize for the delay. To get a full view of your current SRs, please use the 'Open SRs' section under 'Incident Management' within MyService360. Based on direct customer feedback, this view has recently been updated to default to the list view of your open SRs. You can still access a global geospatial view by clicking on the globe icon at the top.

You can view a list of your closed SRs by navigating to the 'SR Analysis' section under 'Incident Management'. Once there, click 'Closed SRs' and the 'SR Details' tab in the bottom right hand corner to find an exportable list of your closed SRs.

Regarding the MOBILE App. Versions less than 3.3 are no longer supported nor are they connected to our new Service Request platform. Please be sure to update your MOBILE App to continue to receive updated information on your SRs.

To more easily find the SRs you are looking for, I recommend using the custom groups feature in Online Support to filter your views across Online Support, MyService360 and the EMC MOBILE App. You can access detailed steps for using these groups here: https://support.emc.com/help#serv-center-topic6.

Thanks,

Lauren

October 12th, 2016 07:00

Greetings folks, only two more days to post additional questions on this thread. Don't miss the chance to follow up, share your insights or engage our panelists with your commentary.

2 Posts

October 12th, 2016 12:00

Ever since the EMC upgrade I have not be able to use the site. I was locked out of most items and I still cannot see SR's.

I am totally not enjoying this new site. Currently this site is unusable for me.

Currently receiving the following error: "MyService360 is currently unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Really?

No Events found!