contila
1 Nickel

Re: Ask the Expert: Easy Ways to Streamline Your EMC Online Support & MyService360 Experience

Attention Users:

In case you haven't seen it, a new quick guide to the Online Support & MyService360 September release now available!  It explains the changes in this release in a bit more detail and outlines how to get the most out of some of the moved or modified functionality including:

• Managing Your Service Requests (SRs)
  • Searching for Your Service Requests (SRs)
  • Using ‘My Custom Groups’

Take a look!

0 Kudos

Re: Ask the Expert: Easy Ways to Streamline Your EMC Online Support & MyService360 Experience

HI there ... Another query from my user ...

Can you please tell me supported environment to use  MyService360?

As My user cannot use MyService360 with below environment.

Browser:IE 11  

Java SE Runtime Environment:1.8.0_101-b13

thanks !

Aya

0 Kudos

HI ....

My user saying it seems to be the function of reviewing closed SR ( especially Call Home case ) cannot be used from Managed Services Requests section in new MyServices 360 ..

Can you please advise how to do above  now ?

thanks !

0 Kudos

Found below in Help ....

https://support.emc.com/help

•Supported Browsers – HTML5 browsers that support the attachments feature include: •Internet Explorer 10 and above

•Chrome

•Firefox

•Opera12 and above

•Safari 6

Note: The attachments feature requires Java version 1.7 or above. When you first use the attachments feature, the application will detect if your system has Java installed.

Note: The attachments feature requires Java version 1.7 or above. When you first use the attachments feature, the application will detect if your system has Java installed.

If your system has Java version 1.8 or above installed and Java is enabled in your browser, the attachments feature will launch.

Is anybody know some user cannot use Myservices360 even supported environment ?

0 Kudos
contila
1 Nickel

Hi Aya,

Apologies for the delay.  I was just about to reference that page.   

Please have your user try clearing his or her browsing data and cache in their browser (typically found under preferences or advanced settings in browser such as Chrome and Firefox)?  On rare occasions browsing data, cookies, etc. can have an impact on site performance.  If the issue persists, please report it through the site feedback form so our technical team can take a closer look into your user's specific case with the detail you provide. 

Thank you,

Lauren

0 Kudos
contila
1 Nickel

Hi Aya - Users can access a full list of closed SRs under 'SR Analysis' with the 'Incident Management'.  If they navigate to this page within MyService360, your user can click on 'Closed SRs' to see how they have been trending or export a detailed list from the 'SR Details' tab as shown below.  Note: The 'SR Details' tab is located in the bottom right corner of the screen. 

pic 10.png

0 Kudos
Hardus
1 Nickel

What a pain to use the new site - can only see all current SRs with old 3.1 mobile app (new one have same "my sites" issue), cannot find old SRs. Navigation a pain too, hope they take the bells and whistles away - only need one clear page with list of SRs. Called in re the missing SRs, created new SR to fix "my sites" issue - cannot see new SR, eish! Please don't take mobile 3.1 away, that's all that is sort of working for now. It's hard to ask a meaningful question about the new MyService360 site if there's still so many issues with it.

0 Kudos
spindle77
1 Nickel

How do we update an SR with detailed notes of more than 500 chars?

A recent case I had to split my SR input into (6) or more NOTE entries via "Log a Note".

Not very user friendly..... We can get an error string with more than 500 chars, never mind the detail behind it...

Thanks

0 Kudos
contila
1 Nickel

Hi Hardus,

We apologize for the delay. To get a full view of your current SRs, please use the 'Open SRs' section under 'Incident Management' within MyService360. Based on direct customer feedback, this view has recently been updated to default to the list view of your open SRs. You can still access a global geospatial view by clicking on the globe icon at the top.

You can view a list of your closed SRs by navigating to the 'SR Analysis' section under 'Incident Management'. Once there, click 'Closed SRs' and the 'SR Details' tab in the bottom right hand corner to find an exportable list of your closed SRs.

Regarding the MOBILE App. Versions less than 3.3 are no longer supported nor are they connected to our new Service Request platform. Please be sure to update your MOBILE App to continue to receive updated information on your SRs.

To more easily find the SRs you are looking for, I recommend using the custom groups feature in Online Support to filter your views across Online Support, MyService360 and the EMC MOBILE App. You can access detailed steps for using these groups here: https://support.emc.com/help#serv-center-topic6.

Thanks,

Lauren

0 Kudos
RobertoAraujo1
3 Cadmium

Greetings folks, only two more days to post additional questions on this thread. Don't miss the chance to follow up, share your insights or engage our panelists with your commentary.

0 Kudos