RobertoAraujo1
3 Argentium

Re: Ask the Expert: Information life cycle management with InfoArchive

This Ask the Expert event has now ended. Thanks to our experts and all who participated in the discussion!

Just so you know, next week we're having two ATEs:

- Ask the Expert: EMC Documentum for Life Sciences Solution Suite

- Ask the Expert: EMC Captiva 7.1 Further Enhances Intelligent Enterprise Capture Capabilities

Please, join us or let your peers know about it.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
jaxs1
1 Copper

Hello Experts,

Please help me with below queries.

While we use Info archive for Oracle database, do we need RMAN license or any other license for archiving along with Info Archive?

Can we use Info Archive for CAD CAM application data?

Do we have any white paper for above two use cases?

regards,

rajat

0 Kudos
AlanHutch61
1 Copper

Hi Rajat

In terms of archiving from an Oracle database you will not need any additional Oracle licenses such as RMAN.

You are able to archive CADCAM data to InfoArchive.

We do not have white papers specifically on these subjects but we will be happy to discuss your requirements in more detail and explain how they could be supported by InfoArchive.

thanks

Alan

0 Kudos
GuruBhondkar
1 Copper

Hi Info Archive Experts,

I have following questions regarding Info Archive

1. Can we use buldoser for ETL process for archiving data from SharePoint, Documentum, SAP, Oracle, SIEBEL application?

2. If yes, How we can compare buldoser with FME Info Archive Tool in terms of features, simplicity, limitations, and cost comparison including license cost etc.

3. Can we use SAN or NAS as storage of Info Archive. What are Pros and Cons of SAN and NAS for Info Archive

4. Any challenges while installing or configuration of Info Archive

Regards,

Guru

0 Kudos
RobertoAraujo1
3 Argentium

Hi GuruBhondkar,

Just wanted to let you know that this ATE discussion is finished. The SMEs may or may not answer the question you posted as they're only required to answer them during the time the event is live.

I wish you good luck!

0 Kudos
AlanHutch61
1 Copper

Hi Guru

I do not know Buldoser in detail but understand it is an ETL tool for unstructured content. Therefore in theory it can be used archive content to InfoArchive. The only thing that would need to be done is to configure the tool to generate the InfoArchive archive package (Submission Information Package) which has a standard template.

Again without detailed knowledge of Buldoser and its commercial details I cannot answer your question in detail. What I can tell you is that fme Migration Centre already generates the InfoArchive SIP package and is certified for InfoArchive so would be my recommendation if you are considering an ETL for unstructured content. The product supports a range of source applications and is widely used for content migration projects.

InfoArchive supports the same storage platforms as Documentum. You can consider that the pro's and con's of these platforms are the same as for Documentum. I would recommend a NAS platform such as Isilon which can offer low cost, compliance and also enable data in InfoArchive to be accessible via HDFS for "big data" analytics.

Thanks

Alan

0 Kudos
GuruBhondkar
1 Copper

Thanks Alan

0 Kudos
GuruBhondkar
1 Copper

Hi Experts,

Can somebody some provide information about productivity/speed/rate of ingestion in the Info Archive using

1.  standalone Java program

2. FME InfoArchive tool

Thanks..

Guru

0 Kudos
dnvhariprasad
4 Tellurium

Best way to get the answer is to post it to the partner tool FME.  If you have enough budget, suggest to go with FME tool.

0 Kudos