Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 21st, 2015 12:00

Ask the Expert: Maximize the Benefits of Your EMC Online Support Experience – Tools, Tips and Tricks

YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED ON THESE ATE EVENTS...

Ask the Expert: Upgrade your Mobile Support Experience - EMC MOBILE 3.2

Ask the Expert: Best Practices for the z/OS Migrator Tool

https://community.emc.com/thread/169039

Welcome to the EMC Support Community Ask the Expert Conversation. On this occasion we will be discussing how to leverage available EMC Online Support features, tools, and resources to help you:

• Resolve issues faster
  • Find relevant content easier
  • Improve your customer service experience

Our experts will answer your questions regarding site administration, product registration, service request management, and much more! Our experts will also provide guidance on how to stay informed about new and improved capabilities as they are introduced.

Meet Your Experts:

profile-image-display.jspa?imageID=9063&size=350

Ryan Amin

Principal Program Manager - EMC Customer Service

Ryan was born and raised in central Massachusetts, and has been with EMC for 5+ years. His primary focus is working with customers to identify ways we can improve EMC's online experience, then translating the feedback into a solution that meets their needs.

profile-image-display.jspa?imageID=9977&size=350

Brant Harmon

Principal Program Manager - EMC Customer Service

Brant has 14 years professional experience in Project/Program Management and/or Call Center Management in the Insurance and Technology industries. He is our EMC Online Support Service Center expert.

profile-image-display.jspa?imageID=12038&size=350

Donny Vincent

Program Manager - EMC Customer Service

Donny specializes Project and Content Management. He has been the Publishing Manager for EMC Online Support Content for almost 5 years.

profile-image-display.jspa?imageID=11880&size=350

Suzanne Correia

Program Manager - EMC Customer Service

Suzanne has been with EMC for over 15 years. She is our Online Chat expert.

This discussion takes place from August 31th - September 25th. Get ready by bookmarking this page or signing up for e-mail notifications.

Share this event on Twitter or LinkedIn:

>> Join our Ask the Expert: Maximize the Benefits of Your EMC Online Support Experience – Tools, Tips and Tricks http://bit.ly/1LpwBsS  #EMCATE <<

August 31st, 2015 06:00

This Ask the Expert session is now open for questions. For the next couple of weeks our Subject Matter Experts will be around to reply to your questions, comments or inquiries about our topic. Let’s make this conversation useful, respectful and entertaining for all. Enjoy!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 1st, 2015 01:00

Hi Expert team,

Customer Atos is asking when and how EMC support is using the alternate contact in a Service Request. Is there a general rule support resources are reaching out to customers?

11 Posts

September 2nd, 2015 12:00

Hello bastum,

Thanks for your inquiry.  I'm not clear on whether you're referring to "alternate contact" as another person who would be a back-up contact within the customer's company that EMC could contact, or if you're referring to alternate contact information (e.g., phone# or email address) for the contact on the SR.  So, I'll attempt to respond to your question from both angles;

Re:  Alternate Contact information

• When a customer open a Service Request in Online Support, any alternate contact phone number or email address that a customer has assigned via their Online Support Preferences>My Settings will be displayed in the Create Service Request form.
  • Before a customer submits a service request, they have the option to modify the alternate contact information for that particular service request (or leave it as is).
  • Once a customer submits a service request, any alternate email address or phone number information that was populated in the Create SR form,is appended to the note on the Service Request.  EMC Technical Support Engineers would see this alternative contact information in the notes when reviewing the Service Request.

Re:  Alternate Contact Person

1. When a Service Request is opened in Online Support, the customer who opens the Service Request is listed as the contact on the Service Request.
  2. If a customer wants an EMC Tech Support Engineer to contact one of their colleagues as their back-up (e.g., in the event they are out of the office), they have the ability to reassign their service request(s) to another contact by following these steps:
      1. Go to Online Support
      2. Go to Service Center > Manage Service Requests (use the sub-nav menu at the top of the page)
      3. You'll be taken to the "My Service Requests" list view by default
      4. Open the Service Request that you wish to reassign to another contact by clicking on the SR Number in the list view.
      5. Once you're viewing the Service Request, you can select a new contact to assign from the 'Contact' drop down, as shown in the screen shot below (note: only contacts who are authorized contacts of the customer site will appear in the drop-down)

2015-09-02_14-59-23.jpg

I hope this answers your question.  If it does not, please reply to this post to let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks!

-Brant

September 3rd, 2015 01:00

Hello Experts,

Here are my questions for you

01. Is there any plan to integrate EMC Support with EMC tools like ESRS, EMC unisphere central so customer can see the SR rather than logging a manual .

02. Will there by anyway to change the severity of the automatic logged cases ( Through dial home/call home) since sometime the case need more attention but its impossible to change the severity so I had log a manual case for the same issue with the high priority .

03. Why its not possible to upload multiple attachment to EMC SR at the same time.

04. Why its not possible to see the update on the case when its get dispatched to the field . 

EMC Administrator 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 3rd, 2015 10:00

Hello Ravi,

Thank you for taking the time to submit questions to our team. We have responded to your questions below. Please let us know if you have any follow up questions!

01. Is there any plan to integrate EMC Support with EMC tools like ESRS, EMC unisphere central so customer can see the SR rather than logging a manual.This is great input, and is something we have had initial discussions on, and we are actively working on trying to ensure a seamless experience between the console and EMC support information. We value your input.

02. Will there by anyway to change the severity of the automatic logged cases ( Through dial home/call home) since sometime the case need more attention but its impossible to change the severity so I had log a manual case for the same issue with the high priority . Currently we do not have a way of changing severity on the automated logged cases, however we recommend that if a severity needs to be changed on the SR that our customers request a severity change by communicating with the support engineer, either by calling into EMC support, or directly from the service request by adding a note.

03. Why its not possible to upload multiple attachment to EMC SR at the same time.Currently, to ensure customers have optimal performance when uploading attachments to Service Requests we limit the upload function to one attachment at a time, as uploading multiple attachments may result in performance issues depending on the size and number of attachments that need to be uploaded.  EMC is currently in the midst of upgrading the supporting system infrastructure for attachments, which will enable us to deliver performance and usability enhancements to our current capabilities, such as enabling multiple attachments to be uploaded simultaneously and enabling attachments of unlimited file size.  At this point, the ETA for the delivery of these particular enhancements is Q4 2015, while the immediate focus is on upgrading the infrastructure.

04. Why its not possible to see the update on the case when its get dispatched to the field.

This is a great idea, and it is also a capability that we have on our road map to implement as we understand that providing customer/partner visibility to the field support activities will improve the Online Support experience.  At this time, we do not have an ETA for when the visibility to field support activity on service requests will be delivered, but it is on our radar.   

September 3rd, 2015 23:00

Hej ryan.amin@emc.com  ,

Thanks a lot for your answer .

May be its good idea to create group of users as an forum or pilot who can work together with EMC support directly and improve the EMC support . We have almost 1000 devices and monthly SR per month is around 125 so if you have plan to make such kind of user experience group or pilot group please add me in , I will be happy to be part of it .

Regards

Ravi

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 4th, 2015 06:00

Hi Ravi,

Yes we do have a group we work with to provide feedback on our support structure and site. We are also consistently reaching out to customers to pilot our features so we will definitely keep you in mind. Thank you for volunteering your time. 

Sincerely,

Ryan

September 4th, 2015 07:00

That's feels a great idea . Being an end customer , I thought this was already in place but anyway its good to have them if its not there .

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Hi

As a SE I have access to the support.emc.com site and can see customer SRs etc. It would be great if the account managers I work with could also have access. So that we can both be alerted to any sev 1 they raise. How does the account manager get access to the system?

Thanks a lot , hope the things will be better and improved !!!

11 Posts

September 4th, 2015 11:00

Hello luoyRNd9GC1256115569508,

As that would be an internal process for employee access, please feel free to email me directly with this question.  I would have emailed you, however your ECN user information does not show your name.

Thank you.

68 Posts

September 8th, 2015 10:00

Hi Everyone

in Almost all cases I have received the excellent services

but   I have some questions about the cases

1.- if I am not satisfied with the service of engineer that support me, How could I change the engineer to take the case?

2.- If the engineer don't show me  he causes of issue, how could I ask it?

because I need to fill out a report about the causes of issue

3.- I rarely I don't receive an answer about the following about the case, I create a case, I received an answer, the answer says that I need to communicate with another person (not engineer), I send the email but I haven't received an answer

who could I help to following the case? (not engineer, sales people for example)

I have a case that I haven't received an answer, (not engineer, sales people) who could I help me with the case?

My case is 73157022

Thanks

5.7K Posts

September 9th, 2015 01:00

Hello team,

in the "view and manage company information", "manage sites", "contacts" list, I can see the "dial home - primary" and "dial home - alternate" and the information listed is correct for business hours, but I'm missing the "after hours" (or 24 hour) contacts. I think this information was there before, but I was triggered by an SR last weekend and EMC tried to call the business hours primary contact instead of the after hours contact. After they couldn't get somebody on the phone, they sent an email, which nobody responded to, since we only monitor the after hours telephone. So EMC finally called me on my mobile phone and we lost about 20 hours from the initial attempt to contact us.

I wonder if EMC still has the 24 hour contacts on record and why is it that I'm not able to see these?

And as a site admin, it would be great if I could add or change contacts or telephone numbers myself. I can add new contacts, but not telephone numbers if I'm correct. It would be great if I can maintain contacts myself.

11 Posts

September 9th, 2015 13:00

Hello Francisco Reyes,

Thank you for your inquiry.  Here are my responses to your questions in line below:

(1) If I am not satisfied with the service of engineer that support me, How could I change the engineer to take the case?

If you are not satisfied, you can call EMC Technical Support at 800-782-4362 and ask for a manager, or a workflow manager for the product group of your Service Request. Then you can explain to them the situation, and they can work with you to get your service request reassigned accordingly.

(2) If the engineer don't show me he causes of issue, how could I ask it?  …because I need to fill out a report about the causes of issue.

It is certainly your right to ask for root cause of the problem. Simply ask the support engineer for an explanation of the problem and the root cause. If the support engineer knows you need that information for your own issue reporting, they should be able to assist with the answer.

(3) I rarely I don't receive an answer about the following about the case, I create a case, I received an answer, the answer says that I need to communicate with another person (not engineer), I send the email but I haven't received an answer who could I help to following the case? (not engineer, sales people for example)

You can contact your local EMC rep to assist. I see that the district service manager (DSM) assigned to your site is Victor Avila (victor.avila@emc.com).  When viewing the Service Request in Online Support, you can click on the "Site Information" button on the top left of the Service Request Detail screen to view who your district service manager is.

I hope these responses were helpful.  If you have follow-up questions, please reply to this post.

Thanks again.

11 Posts

September 10th, 2015 14:00

Hello RRR,

The Dial-home 24-hour contacts are still available in Online Support Company Administration.  In order to investigate your inquiry further, can you please email me directly and provide your site ID(s)?  Also, please email me from the email address that is linked to your Online Support account.

Thank you.

Brant Harmon

brant.harmon@emc.com

No Events found!