Re: Ask the Expert: NetWorker Module for Microsoft (NMM) - Configurations, Best Practices and Solutions

Carlos,

I am looking at the NMM support matrix and for some reason, I find it difficult to determine if my server has Networker Server or Networker client installed. My server is running a Windows 2008R2. When I go to Control Panel/Programs and Features. I see NETWORKER and it says: EMC Corporation Product version 8.0. I have a request to install NMM3.0. Loking at the Matix, how do I know which row/column to select? If I look at row Networker Server Version Support, NW Server 8.0 or later supports NMM 3.0. However, if I look at row Networker Client Version Support, NW Client 8.0 or later does not support NMM3.0.

Please help me determine if server or client is installed in my machine. Once I find that out, I will be able to use the matrix.

0 Kudos
ble1
6 Indium

Re: Ask the Expert: NetWorker Module for Microsoft (NMM) - Configurations, Best Practices and Solutions

NMM is running on client and communicates with server so both have to be supported to have successful matrix.  For example, NMM 3.0 works with 8.1.0.x clients and works against 7.6.SP3+, 8.0.x and 8.1.x servers.  You can determine exact version of client (and server) by running echo p | nsradmin -p 390113 -i - -s <host name> | grep "NetWorker version:" (on Windows instead of grep you can use findstr).

0 Kudos
abdul.manaf
1 Nickel

Hi Team,

Since the NMM SQL Recovery is taking long time to browse the backups, can you pleas give the syntax for NMM SQL recovery for the below scenario

database name: ILS

Client Server: ILSDB01

Target Server: TSTDB01

networker server : EMC01

can you please provide the syntax for normal, restore point  and standby recoveries

0 Kudos
ble1
6 Indium

You can limit the browsing with -b parameter in most recent versions of NMM. If you check 8.2SP3 release notes for NMM you will see that some extra performance fixes have been added there.  Of course, doing it from CLI is much faster as you already define what you want instead of loading all possible values for all this options as it is done in GUI.  You can find examples for CLI in official doc where command line syntax is described.

0 Kudos