pwalsh1
2 Bronze

Re: Ask the Expert: What's New in EMC Documentum 7.1?

From installation to workflow, docbasic is still prolific within Documentum.  It may never be completely removed.  Many customer solutions and workflows still depend on dmbasic where it would be difficult, and time consuming, to replace.  So it's safe to assume the current scripts and processing will remain throughout the lifetime of the D7.x codeline.

In the future, we may adopt a new EBS interpreter or add support for other scripting languages as core components evolve. 

0 Kudos
pwalsh1
2 Bronze

It is exciting to see the interest in the upcoming Documentum 7.1 Developer Edition.  An announcement on availability will be made soon.  I'll repost it here when it breaks.

EdSteenhoek1
3 Silver

Patrick Walsh: How soon is 'soon'? Was announced for end of January, postponed to end of February and now...?

0 Kudos
aldago-zF7Lc
4 Beryllium

Ed Steenhoek wrote:

Patrick Walsh: How soon is 'soon'? Was announced for end of January, postponed to end of February and now...?

If you mean the developer edition, in this case I think soon means "when it's ready". The image "leaked" late february works just fine, however it was only the content server, we have no idea about the current state of the xCP stack running on that env. I wouldn't expect it before May - June.

0 Kudos
EdSteenhoek1
3 Silver

Yes, meant Developer Edition.

It was announced to be available in 3 flavours. The xCP stack being the last to be released. Didn't expect that because the xCP stack release depends on xCP 2.1 GA which was announced just a week ago or so.

I would make a difference if the first, just content server and REST was released.

If that is delayed to June, 'soon' is not the word I would have chosen...

0 Kudos
Julien_Fontaine
4 Beryllium

@Ed,

As a workaround, not supported Dev Edition already exists. Checks Ingo Zitzmann blogs for example !

PanfilovAB
4 Beryllium

Julien Fontaine wrote:

@Ed,

As a workaround, not supported Dev Edition already exists. Checks Ingo Zitzmann blogs for example !

Julien, in my opinion, you have no idea what you're talking about:

1. nobody is going to consider "Dev Edition" as core of DEV/UAT environment - this idea completely conflicts with SDLC
  2. I do think that all participants of this discussion are able to install Documentum environment without any brief (and typically wrong) retelling of installation guide

The purpose of "Dev Edition" is share Documentum (or solution based on Documentum) with potential customers (or co-workers) without violating licenses.

Julien_Fontaine
4 Beryllium

Ed Steenhoek ... We dream about this potential new dev edition since DCTM 6.7 SP2 .

PanfilovAB :

1 . I never say that the Dev Edition is a DEV or UAT edition !

2 . I'm sure you're right !

PanfilovAB
4 Beryllium

1 . I never say that the Dev Edition is a DEV or UAT edition !

And what is the purpose of Dev Edition in your opinion?

0 Kudos
Julien_Fontaine
4 Beryllium

Ed Steenhoek : Thank you

PanfilovAB : For my opinion, dev edition is to pre-sales purposes, POC, ...

Have a great day !