Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 5th, 2011 06:00

Installing HIT/VE for multiple EqualLogic groups

Hello there,

I am starting to install HIT/VE to enable integration with VMware Virtual Center, and I'm stuck on this point.

I have 2 physical sites, HQ and Plant, each with its VM hosts (Dell PE2950s and/or PE R710s) and EqualLogic groups. I manage all VM hosts with a single Virtual Center (VC) installation at HQ.

So, I installed HIT/VE virtual appliance on a VM host at HQ and configure it according to the docuement. It can see and interact with the EqualLogic group (2 PS5000XVs) at HQ just fine.
However, it can see, but cannot manage the EqualLogic group (1 PS4000E) at the plant.

Do I install another another HIT/VE appliance at the plant and register it with the VC? I don't think a VC can handle registering 2 HIT/VE appliances, can it?

Thank you for any advice or pointers,
Chu

11 Posts

July 5th, 2011 06:00

As far as I know its a 1:1 correlation, so you would need a VC in each site and a corresponding HIT/VE appliance registered with that VC in order for it to function properly....

17 Posts

July 5th, 2011 09:00

"As far as I know its a 1:1 correlation, so you would need a VC in each site and a corresponding HIT/VE appliance registered with that VC in order for it to function properly...."
Thanks, Mike.

I think you're right, but I also think it is more common to have a single VC and multiple sites than to have multiple VC instances for multiple sites.

1 Message

October 10th, 2011 12:00

Same boat here - did any new stuff come to light?

17 Posts

October 10th, 2011 22:00

"Same boat here - did any new stuff come to light?"
Nope. Nothing so far. I find it hard to believe that so few people run into this problem.

October 11th, 2011 20:00

Today it is 1:1 if you want to manage access it through VC. You can setup a second HIT vApp for your second site and hit it via a browser.

1 Message

December 2nd, 2011 14:00

I have 4 groups in my Datacenter and find it annoying that I can ONLY link the HIT/VE appliance to 1 of my groups.

Come on Dell.... There must be others withmore than 1 PS group in their VMware single site environment - or am I alone?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 5th, 2011 08:00

That feature is planned for a future release of ASM/VE.

3 Posts

January 31st, 2012 10:00

Has there been any mention of anticipated release date when this would be implemented?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 31st, 2012 10:00

Nothing specific that I am aware of.  With an NDA, sales can give you the roadmap info.  

No Events found!