Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

February 24th, 2018 11:00

NX3610 FluidFS NFS Mount

I have a NX3610 running FluidFS 3.x connected to a MD3660i.  Without going into a lot of details the system was recently rebuilt, with lots of Dell support assistance, after a failed power supply in the NX3610 caused issues with the FluidFS.

I've been moving the data off the MD3660i to a new DAS but I have one folder that gives me access denied when I try to open it.  I've tried to take ownership of the folder even though the account is already assigned full rights through parent propagation.  Propagated full control rights are for my account and root.

The above steps were carried out using Windows, so I tried Linux.  If I try to mount the NFS export using Linux I'm prompted for the FluidFS's root password which I don't have, never set and do not know how to set. 

In the older version of FluidFS I was able to SSH in and use the the FSE account, drop into a shell and fix the folder permissions issues but the new FluidFS version does not have an account named FSE anymore and when I SSH in using the CLI account there isn't a shell option.

Any ideas on how to fix the folder permissions?

Thanks

John

• 

6.9K Posts

February 26th, 2018 08:00

Hello John,

The remote troubleshooting account is named support. During the upgrade, the fse account from version 2.0 is deleted. After the upgrade, the support account is disabled by default.

CAUTION: Dell strongly recommends that you do not attempt to use the support account. Operations performed as the support user are for advanced remote troubleshooting to resolve critical system issues only. Misuse of this account can damage the FluidFS cluster and/or its data.

Now if you still want to enable remote support then here is a link to the administrator guide, & if you look on page 66 it explains how to enable the account. http://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/powervault-nx3610_reference%20guide_en-us.pdf

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

12 Posts

February 26th, 2018 10:00

Hi Sam,

The page 66 in the referenced linked document refers to "hardware fabrics iSCSI-portals add-IPv4 " but I did find "system internal security support-access enable" on page 120.  Is this what you are referring to?  If so then I've already completed the steps outlined on page 120 to enable support-access, I just don't now how to access the OS shell.

When running FluidFS 2.x we lost the ability to access the data via SMB and had to backup the data using rsync from the OS shell. I would like to try and set the folder permission from the OS shell.

Thanks,

John

No Events found!