Highlighted
SJNAPL
Silver

Need to change the MGT Port IP on a MD3200

We just moved our MD3200 from an old vSphere virtual environment to a new vSphere 6.0 environment. The mgt ports IPs are set to 192.168.0.6 and 192.168.0.7.

The first mgt port is connected to port 5 on our NEXUS Switch.

I have a VM that has the MDSM software running and is connected to a vNic on our virtual management VLAN at ip 192.168.10.10.

I need to change the mgt ports IPs from 192.168.0.6  / 192.168.0.7 to 192.168.10.111 and 192.168.10.112.

What is the best way to go about doing this?

thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Need to change the MGT Port IP on a MD3200

SJNAPL
Silver

I found a way around the problem by connecting the mgt port to a our cisco switch in a VLAN and then, connecting an ESXi Server nic to the same VLAN.  I created a new vSwitch and added that nic to the vSwitch,.

I had a VM with MDSM on it and added a the new network to teh VM and set the IP to an IP in the same subnet.,

I can connect and now need to remove the old iSCSI connections and the old hosts , then add the new ones.

I ned to find the steps to remove the old info from MDSM.

0 Kudos

Hello SJNAPL,

Here is the link to the administrator guide for MDSM. If you look on page 52 it explains on how to remove old iSCSI connections. http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/common/md32xx_md36xx_administrator%20guide_en%20us.pdf

Also if you look on page 57 it explains on how to remove host access as well.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos