Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 29th, 2015 09:00

OMSA cannot see my MD1000

This is a home build for a media server,  so it is also my first foray into Server 2012 (essentials) and OMSA... so I undoubtedly did something wrong. 

I have an MD1000 with 4 4tb sas drives connected to a sas 6 /e card running a parity ReFS Storage space. 

All seems to be working fine, but I cannot see the MD1000 in OMSA 8.1.  I can see the sas 6 card and its firmware / driver, etc,  but the MD1000 does not appear anywhere.   I want to be able to view its temp levels, etc. (Mainly because I intend to replace the stock power supply fans with quieter ones and want to see if there is a lot of difference in temps.

How can I get it to show up?

• 

6.9K Posts

June 5th, 2015 06:00

Hello hifiaudio23,

So for an MD1000 it needs to be attached to a raid controller & not just a SAS 6gb card. When we sold these systems they normally came with a PERC (Poweredge Expandable Raid Controller) that would go into your server and then you could see the MD1000. Is your SAS 6/e card a raid controller card or just a SAS 6/e Non Raid card?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

June 4th, 2015 20:00

No thoughts?

June 6th, 2015 09:00

Ah ok thanks. I am using software raid with the card in pretty much a pass through mode, so I guess that is it. I will let you guys know how the fan mod for the power supplies goes. :)

No Events found!