Highlighted
3 Silver

SANHQ 3.1 Install Problems

Jump to solution

I cant get 3.1 to install on 2012R2 because it tries unsuccessfully to install .NET 4.5 which is already installed. Is anyone having this problem and/or did you get past it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Not applicable

RE: SANHQ 3.1 Install Problems

Jump to solution

Thanks to Dell EQl support for explaining this:

The version check for .NET 4.5 in the SAN HQ installer is buggy. The workaround is:

- unpack the SANHQ installer exe (7-zip can do that)

- there is a file  „.rsrc\FILE\40008“ which is the actual installer and about 65MB large

- rename this file to something with .exe and installation execute to install SAN HQ

- make sure .NET 4.5 or higher is installed (latest version available at time of this post seemed to work)

View solution in original post

22 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello,

I would uninstall the version of NET 4.5 you have and let SANHQ install the one it carries. 

Regards,

Don

Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell
Get Support on Twitter - @dellcarespro

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

Sorry but that's not a solution.

SAN HQ asks for .Net 4.5 or later version, so .Net 4.5.2 and .Net 4.6 are later version.

I won't reinstall .Net just because SAN HQ thinks that I don't have it.

This needs to be fixed on a new update.

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hi,

I agree with Vandreytrindade, to suggest uninstalling a pre-requisite is a silly idea. If the installer can not handle this, then Dell need to go back to the drawing board.

Regards

Jason

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello,

I don't disagree, but it was a suggested action to see if you could get it to install in the meantime. Instead of waiting until a new version is released.

Anyone experiencing this problem should open a support case with Dell.

Regards,

Don

Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell
Get Support on Twitter - @dellcarespro

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

I have a solution/workaround. I found this out last night working with a consultant on another application and had the same problem. Since I patch all my servers before adding applications the .NET was updated to 4.6 and the installer is looking for 4.5. I just built a new server and did not patch it and was able to install the new version of SANHQ.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I used Process Monitor to identify the registry key it was checking for the version on install.  I found that it was looking at the following key.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client\Version

Mine was 4.6.00081.  I looked on a computer that only had 4.5 and the version was 4.5.51209.  I plugged in the 4.5.x version value, ran the setup then changed it back to the 4.6.x value after it was finished.  Worked like a charm.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Great workaround by BRAD-OVERSTREET!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

how do you modify this value? the registry doesn't let you do it.

0 Kudos