Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

AW

June 21st, 2012 19:00

about restoring a computer joined Domain via EqualLogic ASM/VE

Hello,

With Eql ASM/VE, I can successfully create a smart copy for one VM (windows 2008 r2), which has been joined a Domain, also, I can restore the VM from the smart copy, but, after the VM restart, I can't logon the Doamin with any domain account, each time, I get the following error:

"The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed"

There is no probem to logon the VM locally.

I'll appreciate you if you could guide me.

I think maybe I missed somehing during installation or configration the EQL ASM/VE, but I can't find it.

7 Technologist

• 

729 Posts

June 22nd, 2012 06:00

This may be a Network ID issue with the system.  This can occur if the DNS Scavenging (tombstone) isn’t configured to release stale records.  This link has a pretty good description: blogs.technet.com/.../dns-scavenging-internals-or-what-is-the-dnstombstoned-attribute-for-ad-integrated-zones-dstombstoneinterval-dnstombstoned.aspx

You can normally correct the issue without losing your credential to the domain controller on the system by using the NETWORK ID option (Computer> Properties> Network ID… button)

This option should see that the computer you are joining has the same name as one on the domain and it will ask you to if you would like to use the same name.  Select yes, and the system will rejoin the domain and not make any changes to the computer or the users already on that server.

You may want to discuss this first with you AD Admin.

-joe

63 Posts

June 22nd, 2012 07:00

Thanks, Joe,

Do you think myabe it is caused by "Single SID has been assigned to two computers." ?

social.technet.microsoft.com/.../9157.trust-relationship-between-workstation-and-primary-domain-failed-en-us.aspx

63 Posts

June 22nd, 2012 08:00

Thanks.

In my enviroment, it caused by Single SID.

Why EQL ASM/VE try to some something to avoid this issue?

You know, when we log in the restored computer first time, if everything works, that could be cool!

7 Technologist

• 

729 Posts

June 22nd, 2012 08:00

Yes, that is another possibity too.

-joe

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 2nd, 2012 09:00

ASM/VE can't reach into an OS and make modifications to it.  ASM/VE connects to VCS not the VM itself, and asks it to quiet the selected VMs.  VCS does that by creating a VMware snapshot on the VMFS datastore.  When that's done, ASM/VE connects to the array and creates snapshots of the corresponding EQL volumes.   Once done, ASM/VE goes back to VCS and asks it to merge(delete) those VMware snapshots.  We leverage VCS to create more consistent snapshots.

Regards

No Events found!