Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 4th, 2012 07:00

can't save the username and password into ASM/ME

I find a strange thing.

it seems that the username and password can't be saved for "Global" (ASM/ME - Settings - CHAP Settings)

for the user name s and password of the Group that I added, though it seems the username and password has been saved, but actually, it dose not work.

the user name and password only can be saved when I use "Remote Setup Wizard".

God!  It spent me for about 8 hours...

7 Technologist

• 

729 Posts

June 4th, 2012 11:00

Yes, this is correct, you must set the usernames and password from the Remote Setup Wizard.

Here is a snip-it from the HIT User Guide:

Configuring a Computer to Access a PS Series Group

If you are accessing a group from a Microsoft Failover Cluster, you must enable group access on all cluster nodes for all nodes that are either active or passive users of any iSCSI volumes located in the group.

1. Gather the information described in Information Required For Configuring a Computer to Access a PS Series Group on page 31.

2. Click Start, then Programs, then EqualLogic, and then Remote Setup Wizard.

3. Select Configure this computer to access a PS Series SAN and click Next. 4.

To add a group that the computer can access, click Add Group. To modify existing group access credentials, select the group and click Modify Group.

5. Specify or modify the group name and IP address, as needed in the The Add or Modify Group Information dialog box.

6. Based on the following scenarios, enter the appropriate information into the fields as necessary:

If the group is configured to allow Microsoft service (VDS or VSS) access to the group through CHAP, specify the CHAP user name and password that matches the VSS/VDS access control record and local CHAP account already configured in the group. Click Save. –

If the PS Series group is configured to restrict discovery based on CHAP credentials, click the box next to Use CHAP credentials for iSCSI discovery. Click Save. –

If the group uses CHAP access control records to restrict access to its snapshots, spec-ify the CHAP user name and password for access to the snapshots. Click Save.

7. Click Finish.

-joe

No Events found!