Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2016 03:00

disaster recovery

Disaster struck. I had replication setup from primary container to second container DR. However the DR container ran out of space. Tried to increase the space it said that it had to delete snapshots to clear. Too afraid, I cancelled. Next time I look the snapshots were all gone. In trying to get the replication going again the DR container lost it's configuration. Tried to set this up by firstly creating schedules failed. Then I did a restore from source NAS container to see if anything will be copied from the primary container but this complete reversed the replication process. We were now writing empty data snapshots back to the primary source which at this point got into a recovery state. I paused the replication on the DR site and killed the task, as a results both copies are gone. How on earth is the at all possible? Data is gone, can't find anything.

2 Posts

February 3rd, 2016 03:00

Disaster struck. I had replication setup from primary container to second container DR. However the DR container ran out of space. Tried to increase the space it said that it had to delete snapshots to clear. Too afraid, I cancelled. Next time I look the snapshots were all gone. In trying to get the replication going again the DR container lost it's configuration. Tried to set this up by firstly creating schedules failed. Then I did a restore from source NAS container to see if anything will be copied from the primary container but this complete reversed the replication process. We were now writing empty data snapshots back to the primary source which at this point got into a recovery state. I paused the replication on the DR site and killed the task, as a results both copies are gone. How on earth is the at all possible? Data is gone, can't find anything.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 3rd, 2016 07:00

Hello,

I am so sorry to hear this.  Which Dell Storage product are you using?   The best advice I can give is to open a support case immediately.    See what options are available.

Regards,

Don

No Events found!