Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2009 06:00

Need Assistance regarding EMC certification/ Bangalore

Hi Sir / Madam,

I am working as an  off site Linux server administrator for a well know DC in US. Here we have storage technologies like Evault for backup. I would like to have my future in Storage technology with EMC2. I have 2 years experience in managing.monitoring Linux/unix servers. I am in a counfused state because I could not find any Instructor led trainging here in Bangalore.

I would like to start from the basics then to the advanced level. I have checked the courses available with NIIT Bangalore.

http://www.niit.com/sites/Edgeineers/programsoffer/Pages/EMCCourses.aspx

So when I contacted them , they said they will provide certificate after the completion of the course (NIIT certificate). But how can I get global EMC certification ? . Also can you please let me know whether I am eligible to attend the course ? If you can get me more details about having EMC global ceritification from Bangalore that would be fine.

Thank you so much,

Kiran

452 Posts

December 2nd, 2009 08:00

Hello Kiran,

You could take your Associate level course, Information Storage and Management, at NIIT and then try the free practice test  to see if you are ready for the certification exam.   A passing score on the practice test cannot guarantee that you will pass the certification exam, but it will give you confidence and the results may indicate some areas that you may want to learn more about.

When you feel ready for your certification exam, you can locate a Pearson VUE testing facility here.

We welcome everyone into our EMC Proven Professional program.  The E20-001, Information Storage and Management course, is the first step.  Achieving a passing score on the certification exam will give you an Associate level credential and will make you eligible to participate in our annual Knowledge Sharing competition and use of our prestigious logo.

Please let me know if this answers your questions.

Michelle

December 2nd, 2009 08:00

Hi,

I also have the same query is there any course from EMC for basics and Advanced on Clariion directly in Bangalore rather than from NIIT.

I am trying to make my carrer in EMC storage.

Regards,

Varun

452 Posts

December 2nd, 2009 10:00

Hello,

If you prefer not to take a class at NIIT, and EMC does not have a course on our schedule in Bangalore you do have an option!  Almost all of our courses are available as Video ILT (a videotaped class that provides you with a near-classroom experience and the same materials that in-class students receive) or as eLearning (self-paced learning that also provides you with student materials).

The first step toward EMC Proven Professional certification is passing the Information Storage and Management (E20-001) exam.  Materials are available for purchase in eLearning format if that is your preference.  You can learn more here.

Please let me know if I've helped!

No Events found!