Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 22nd, 2012 11:00

0x00000006B

When I turn on my laptop, window's xp does not succesfully start and is shut down. My computer then reads to select run in safe mode, or start windows normally. No matter if i choose safe mode or just start my windows xp normally my computer screen always goes to a blue screen reading: A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prvent damage to your computer. process1_initialization_failed if this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: Check to make sure any new hardware of roftware is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask you hardware or softwre manufacturer for any windows updates you might need. if problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or diabel components, restart you computer, press F8 to select advanced strtup options, and then select safe mode. Technical information: *** STOP: 0x00000006B

i have a dell  mini 910 there is no cd drive help please

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

Have you ran the diagnostics. Power down your computer. When powering it back up press F12, at the Dell BIOS screen. Select diagnostics, run these and any extended tests.

3 Posts

i have no f12 this is a mini laptop also no cd drive

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

September 22nd, 2012 12:00

Okay it seems like you press 0 instead of F12 on this model.

Although you don't have a CD drive do you have Dell Windows XP Reinstallation CD? You may need to convert this into a bootable USB.

3 Posts

September 22nd, 2012 14:00

I hit the 0 and choose diagnostic it took me to a black screen with the option to run start up repair did  that it failed to repair

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

September 22nd, 2012 15:00

In that case please download CW1351A0.exe and run it on another computer. Insert a USB Drive and create a bootable Diagnostic USB.

Insert the USB drive into your Inspiron Mini 910 and power down the system. Again press 0 at the Dell BIOS screen. Select boot from USB.

No Events found!