Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 29th, 2011 09:00

AC adapter says Power on- not charging Battery

My adapter stopped charging my battery.  I switched to my backup adapter and it charged once and now gives me "power on - not charging"  I have updated the BIOS.  I can remove the battery and the computer will startup just fine on the adapter.  If I go to F2 it tells me that the adapter is unknown.  Odd that both adapters go bad at once.

Any suggestions   I an running Windows 7 on Insiron 1525. 

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 29th, 2011 09:00

If two adapters aren't recognized, the problem is almost certainly with the power jack or the mainboard itself.  The first part to try replacing is this one:

www.parts-people.com/index.php

3 Posts

December 29th, 2011 14:00

I ran the diagnostics Which took about an hour and it passed all.  Would this have shown up or was this board checked?

3 Posts

December 29th, 2011 16:00

I have run the Battery Diagostics and received this Error message.  Error Code 3600:0749    Invalid Ac Adapter detected.  This has happened to 2 ac adapters.  The last one charged once and then would not charge same as other ont that has worked for a couple years.  Still think I need the board?

7 Posts

September 22nd, 2012 15:00

I had same problem.  Did a system restore and it corrected for 2 days now it happened again.  I downloaded everything Dell had in the dowload updates for my laptop and it is now working again.  Hope the fix stays this time.

934 Posts

September 22nd, 2012 16:00

No Events found!