Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 4th, 2012 15:00

AMD Display Driver Problems - Radeon HD 6630M

Hi there

I have a Dell Vostro 3550 which has been working like a charm, up until today. Now when i login i get the message that 'No AMD driver is installed or it is not recognized'

The screen is at its lowest resolution it can go and will not go back. I assume that this is because the AMD graphics card is not being recognised for some reason... I have done the following things already but none have worked

- System Restore

- Safe mode

I read around and i cant find any drivers or anything that relate to my problem (that and im useless when it comes to instaling drivers).

Catalyst Control Centre also will not open, along with any other ATI stuff. I have looked in device manager also and tried disabiing and re-enabling and this has not worked. If anyone, anyone at all knows how to solve this problem ill be forever grateful!

Specs if needed:

Core i5 2.3Ghz

Windows 7 64bit

Radeon HD 6630M

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

October 4th, 2012 19:00

Hi jx300,

Based on your post, I understand that the AMD graphics card is not getting recognized. This could be due to driver corruption so downloading and updating the video card driver may help. You can download the video card driver for the AMD Radeon 6630 from the link below.

http://dell.to/SAIBLd

Please do reply for further assistance.

3 Posts

October 22nd, 2012 16:00

hi , ihave the same model of  laptop and same grapich card but  it only reconize th  e intel grapich card plz help me i dont know what else to do , btw ur link not working 

373 Posts

October 22nd, 2012 20:00

enter in this link

support.amd.com/.../AMDCatalyst129betadriver.aspx

Intall this driver targeted on this image:

Or try intall this driver:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/vostro-3450?driverId=RYC6Y&osCode=W764&fileId=2905991563

Remember, 

This driver da AMD is newer than driver Dell.

Test the two drivers and re-post which of two worked for you 

3 Posts

October 23rd, 2012 02:00

Fabio first of all thx you  for trying to help, well i  installed both drivers  ' first i tried  the one from dell site and than from the amd site  (beta driver) , it seems to instal perfectly the  driver, but still  my laptop wont let me swite option to smitch  the grapich driver  , it even wont show to switch to the amd grapich card , also i tried update my bios from dell site  after flashing it didnt worked, still it shows me only the intel hd grapich driver,  i trying to download a game right now , maybe the laptop will  "switch"  automaticaly to the amd once the game wil run,,,,, will  post soon for update.... mean while  if u hot anthoer solution which will able me to switch on the desktop my grapich driver it will be great

373 Posts

October 23rd, 2012 03:00

check in your system it was like this on catalyst:

if is like, install this application

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/br/pt/brdhs1/DriverDetails/Product/vostro-3550?driverId=D2KYX&osCode=W732&fileId=2731104257

3 Posts

October 23rd, 2012 06:00

I HAVE DIFFRENET OPTIONS THEN YOU IN MY CCC =\

373 Posts

October 23rd, 2012 12:00

Your radeon is faulty probably, because should appear option of energy to set. it's necessary mobo replace. =/

No Events found!