Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 22nd, 2017 01:00

Are Dell laptops meant to break right after 1 year when warranty ends? Same problem on 2 laptops which requires replacement of system board.

Hello.

In June 2016 our company bought Inspiron 5759. I used it at office, we have air conditioning, nothing that could cause overheating or other problems. In the end of July 17 laptop just turned off and didnt react on any actions. I brought to service center and they told it's the hub located on the same board with CPU. The only way to fix it is to replace the whole board which costs around 600 USD because there's CPU Core i7 in it. I was given another laptop Inspiron 5558 which was not used since winter of 2017 because it had problems with WiFi. I tried to connect it with LAN cable and discovered that LAN is not working, in fact there's no LAN adapter in device manager. Service center said today that's the same problem - but this time hub is not completely broken, it's just doesnt see LAN adapter and periodically shuts down WiFi. The technician told that this is a frequent problem with Inspirons and Dell knows about it but doesnt recall laptops or extend warranty on this spare part. I asked when second laptop got the wifi issues - it started at the beginning of 2017 and warranty ended in December 2016. Again just 1-2 months.

So, it looks very strange that Dell laptops break right after ending of warranty with same problem, and we can't just change the hub, we need to buy a new board which includes CPU for 600 USD.

SNs: c0jchc2, 5lcmd72

No Responses!
No Events found!