Highlighted
leokokanee
Copper

Audio Controller Driver for Inspiron 9300

Hi, I'm looking for audio controller driver for the Inspiron 9300.  The closest thing I've found so far is this:  <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>

but the install didn't work for me....

Thanks!
0 Kudos
9 Replies

Re: Audio Controller Driver for Inspiron 9300

I also need the audio driver for the 9300. I did not receive a driver disk with the notebook and the driver is not listed under the downloads for the 9300. After a reformat and reinstall I do not have the audio driver and the modem driver to install the last hardware devices.

Message Edited by CityWebSystems on 03-24-2005 04:03 PM

0 Kudos
Brainonska511
Platinum

Call up Dell and request that they send the Resource CD that contains the drivers. I did that with my Dim8400.
0 Kudos
benj0323
Bronze

I am having the same problem. The "Multimedia Audio Controller" has a big question mark next to it in my device manager. Also, I tried installing the 9200 audio drivers and it did nothing but freeze up my computer. Now every time I start up my computer it looks for audio drivers. I have no idea where to find them.
0 Kudos
benj0323
Bronze

Also, my computer didn't come with a drivers CD or a HD image CD. I had to call Dell last night, wait 45 min to speak to a tech representative, then talk to him for 30 min just to get them to send me a drivers CD. This is rediculous. Since when did Dell ship out computers without a drivers CD? All I need are the audio drivers, thats it.

Is it possible for anyone with a sound working Inspiron 9300 to some how copy their sound drivers to a disk? If so could you do that and contact me, I would really appreciate it.
0 Kudos
benj0323
Bronze

Dell had them up but took them down for some reason. Anyways, I found a link that hosted the drivers. Here it is:

http://notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=71283&highlight=9300+drivers

0 Kudos
Signal0101
Copper

I see several more people with the same problem. Check out this thread.

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=insp_audio&message.id=21893

0 Kudos
benj0323
Bronze

What I posted gives you a download to the drivers. They worked for me. Why would they need to check out a thread?
0 Kudos
cane2ball
Bronze

Hey I downloaded the driver ben had and now my pc is working fine
0 Kudos
arnelnparas
Copper

Oh yes it will not really work if you are trying to unzip the files using windows 7, but it will work if you run the downloaded self-extracting file into windows xp service pack 3 compatability mode and it should be ok. Anyway, thanks to Leokokanee...great job mate

0 Kudos